Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

How to start the video recording remote on 5D M3?

(1/3) > >>

schmidtfilme:
Hello,

I would like to record myself on video on my 5D M3 and wonder how I could remotely start recording or get the autofocus to focus?

Any ideas how a possible workflow could look like?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards
- Andreas

Chris Burch:
I just bought the CamRanger (www.camranger.com) and it will allow you to do both if you have an iPad or iPhone -- might even work with a laptop, too, but I still have to figure that out.  You'll be able to focus by touching anywhere on the live view image and can start/stop video or snap photos.  There are probably cheaper options but this one is quite elegant and feature rich.

bluegreenturtle:
You understand that the camera doesn't have autofocus while recording, right? 

A simple way to remotely start/stop is to reassign the shutter release to start stop video (you can do this in the menu) then use a timelapse remote or other shutter trigger to start stop.

NetDog:
With the 5d3 you could just put the camera in video mode, focus on your target, and use the RC6 remote to start recording. No need to reassign anything.

FatDaddyJones:
The shutter release button's video record function is set to off by default. You need to change that to be able to start video recording while using a remote.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version