July 23, 2014, 06:04:44 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 7D successor will not be announced at the CP+ show R  (Read 6083 times)

ahsanford

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Canon EOS 7D successor will not be announced at the CP+ show R
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »

It's rare that Photo Rumors gets this stuff before CR does, but there is a translated story from digicame.info re: the timing of the 7D2:

Canon EOS 7D successor will not be announced at the CP+ show

http://photorumors.com/2013/01/24/canon-eos-7d-successor-will-not-be-announced-at-the-cp-show/#ixzz2IweHrCs1

FYI, if you hadn't heard.

- A

canon rumors FORUM

Canon EOS 7D successor will not be announced at the CP+ show R
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »

Ewinter

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 7D successor will not be announced at the CP+ show R
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:27 PM »
that's what the cynic would think. The optimist in me says "not the story of the day" means there's something bigger and juicier that'll eclipse the 7d replacement

ddashti

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52:51 AM »
that's what the cynic would think. The optimist in me says "not the story of the day" means there's something bigger and juicier that'll eclipse the 7d replacement
I like your approach. But the question is (with that in mind): with something bigger/juicier, will two bodies splitting from the 7D be released and cause a forked road?

M.ST

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:42:32 AM »
If Canon don´t release the 7D Mark II in the next month a lot of customers get lost.

The 7D is old and needs an replacement before a 70D is announced.

A new top of the line camera (possible named D4X?) is out for field testing. If Canon don´t put a real replacement for the 1Ds on the market, they lose a lot of pros.

candyman

• 1D X
  • The best critic sits in front of the camera
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 04:19:47 AM »
If Canon don´t release the 7D Mark II in the next month a lot of customers get lost.

A new top of the line camera (possible named D4X?) is out for field testing. If Canon don´t put a real replacement for the 1Ds on the market, they lose a lot of pros.

You mean the high megapixel camera? Isn't that already unofficial confirmed? I can understand losing customers if this camera will be available only in 2014
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:28:37 AM by candyman »
5DIII w/grip  |  6D  |  16-35L IS  |  24-70VC  |  24-105L  |  70-200 f/2.8L IS II  |  70-300L  |  35 f/2 IS  |  50A  |  135L

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 04:24:39 AM »

They already lost many pros ... Many pro Canon gear users are starting to use beside Canon, Nikon gear as well.... many of them as the primary camera.

In many photography fields size matters .... so... 36 MP is way over 22.

daniela

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:09:10 AM »
A friend of my husband writes for an photographic magazine. He told him, that he is skeptical that Canon will announce a new upper class APC-model.

There are some testcameras in the wild. But no leaks about the spezifications and IQ.

He told me, that Nikon will announce a highend crop model soon.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:09:10 AM »

daniela

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »
@ freelancer:

Indeed! they don´t know it either.
But sometimes, those testers were seen. Or some persons form Canon near firms are leaking....
He showed some shots, he took at the Olympics or on other sports events, where you can see Equipment that is not officially existing....

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »
the only people who may know something are under NDA and test for canon.

and if the standard of testing is anything like the 5D3 then they will be testing the 7D2 at weddings :P

coreyhkh

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
Canon has already admitted that its working on a new 7D.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »

But did they leak the new camera will actually be called 7d(2)?

As for "working on": that's as fuzzy as it gets, from a vague idea to widespread nda beta testing - at least we know that there are more than one new cameras out there. But even that doesn't mean much given Canon's recent delay history when actually producing new gear unlike the 5d2+60d=6d reinvention.

RMC33

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

But did they leak the new camera will actually be called 7d(2)?

As for "working on": that's as fuzzy as it gets, from a vague idea to widespread nda beta testing - at least we know that there are more than one new cameras out there. But even that doesn't mean much given Canon's recent delay history when actually producing new gear unlike the 5d2+60d=6d reinvention.

Couldn't agree more. I just got off the phone with Canon about a repair I have in the works and just mentioned 7DmkII in passing. The guy said the 7D 2.0.X firmware gave the camera a new lease on life and he would GUESS at late 2013-early 2014 if something like that was in the works. Seems logical as my 7D still works great, shoots great and gets me the images I want.

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »
Canon will announce the 7DII within 30 days of Nikon announcing the D300s successor. And Nikon will announce the D300s successor within 30 days of Canon announcing the 7DII.  The only question is which company will jump first.

Until one makes the leap, the other has no real incentive to do so. What Sony, Panasonic, Pentax or others may do is really irrelevant in this segment (although I suspect both are a little nervous about Fuji).

On the one hand, I'm in no hurry. The 7D is a great camera and remains very competitive with other options more than three years after introduction. I'd rather they get it right.

On the other hand, I wants a new toy!

In any event, I expect the 7D II to be an incremental upgrade. Slightly better high ISO performance, maybe a little better dynamic range, perhaps a few more megapixels, marginal improvements in autofocus, weathersealing, frame rate, etc., but I'm not expecting (nor do I really want) something revolutionary. It's already a great camera, so it only needs a few updates to become more great.

In my dream world, I say that Canon and Nikon are delaying their respective releases because the next generation of  APS-C sensors are so good that they don't want them on the market until the 6D and D600 have had time to turn a profit. But, that's just daydreaming. I will be perfectly happy with incremental improvements.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:02:55 PM »

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »
They already lost many pros ... Many pro Canon gear users are starting to use beside Canon, Nikon gear as well.... many of them as the primary camera.

How many?? What percentages?
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

ishdakuteb

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
If Canon don´t put a real replacement for the 1Ds on the market, they lose a lot of pros.

I thought:

1. 1D is crop series
   2. 1Ds is full frame series
   3. 1DX is end of 1D series with crop

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »