October 24, 2014, 12:37:21 PM

Author Topic: Curious Distraction: Explain your username, avatar picture, etc...  (Read 30430 times)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
Re: Curious Distraction: Explain your username, avatar picture, etc...
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2013, 09:11:38 AM »
In the earlier 1980's, I built a 9600 BAUD from scratch using perf-board, discrete ICs, resistors, small speaker and moving coil microphone etc., to transmit research data from Ohio to Oregon in a motel room.
Took more than an hour to transmit.
The phone bill  :-\.
-r

Didn't have your 4G LTE HotSpot and i7 Laptop with you that day, eh?  Had to make due with that 9600 Baud HackinModem and KayPro or Compaq mobile PC XT or AT huh?  (And you were stylin' if you had that!)
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2013, 09:11:38 AM »

lion rock

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2013, 09:25:31 AM »
I still don't have 4G.
The data analysis was with a PDP "tower".
-r

Studio1930

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Studio 1930
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »
Studio 1930 is my business name.  Our first studio was in a building that was built in 1930 which made for an easy name for clients to remember.  Avatar is from a liquid lips series I did a while back.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.198105900228573.40823.100000874933142&type=3

-Darrin
Studio 1930
www.studio1930.com

Barrfly

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2013, 09:42:15 AM »
~ My last name is Barr.

~ The first job I had was a bartender at my fathers tavern called Barr's Place ( late 70's early 80's).

~ When I wasn't at the families bar I'd spend my free time in others. There used to be a bartenders code in which we'd take care of others at their prospective establishments.

~ 99% of the time when I do drink, it's only in bars.

~Currently as a side job I take care of media and shoot events at my bothers tavern which is called the Riverside Barr & Grill.
    - Compensation : My bar tab.
    - Most used catch phrase : Thank God for auto-focus 'cause I can't see you .
    - Photos from events can be seen here : https://www.facebook.com/riverside.barr/photos_stream

Which means low light shots, right?  I haven't had time to look at the linked pics yet but I gotta think that most bar patrons would be somewhat ambivalent at best about having their pictures taken while at the bar.  Sort of like photographic evidence for the wife, IYKWIM...  (Based on total ignorance BTW, when I went to bars 20 years ago, it was to dance, pick up women, etc.  Typical 2 guys lookin' at/for girls kind of thing...)  And you must have a great personality to help spice up the shots because otherwise, most of the shots would end up looking somewhat the same would they not?  There's Joe drinking his beer, there's Sam drinking his beer, there's Sally hanging on Fred drinking his beer, etc...  Unless!  It's a rough bar, then you may have a lot of action shots... There's Joe beating the living crap out of Sam, there's Sally running while Fred jumps in to save Sam.... etc.   8)

Actually it's a pretty wild place especially in the warmer months , There's two large indoor bars and a Tiki bar out on a deck that's as big as the building. They also have a grove between the bar and river with a full sized stage.
 It's kind of a mix between a biker bar and a family restaurant depending on the day.  The events ranging from outdoor concerts to cardboard boat races do give me ( and many other event photographers ) quite a variety of subjects .

I must admit though, some customers would rather remain anonymous. Usually before a shoot I announce it's for the bars website . It works out quite well. Funny part is most folks ask me to shoot them, I guess they just like seeing themselves on the web page.
 Once in a while I get the request " Don't post that one, my wife doesn't know I'm here."

Check out the link, you might get a kick out of it, they don't just come in cars or motorcycles . They come in boats, helicopters and the occasional hot air balloon.   
 ( I really didn't mean to go into promotions mode, but ya asked )
https://www.facebook.com/riverside.barr/photos_stream

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »
My name is Zeshan but people call me Zee, which is usually shortened to Z. My company name is Zeeography. I thought  Zv would be kinda cool as Av means aperture value Zv means well Zee value!! Turn that dial to Z! Oh and the pic is just my keyboard, letter Z is the main focus there too.
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

stessel tank

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »
Stessel tank    =  my boat i own is a stessl (model 4.95m stessl truck) and the picture is one i took in Japan last year of a car yard sign which had 4 monkeys eating bananas i don't what that had to do with selling cars or the car yard ??
Canon EOS 1Dx,1D3,5D2
Lens; 50 f1.4,50 f1.2,24-105 f4,70-200 f2.8 IS,300mm f2.8 IS,16-35 f2.8 L 11,1.4 & 2.0 extenders
Speedlites;580 EX11,600EX-RT,STE3-RT,GP-E1

RAWShooter126

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »
Ever since I got my first DSLR, I've shot exclusively in RAW as was most of the appeal for a DSLR for me to begin with, so "RAWShooter" was a no brainer. In some places I noticed RAWShooter was already taken and the appeal of a now seemingly infamous RAW shooting photographer who promotes shooting RAW (You know who :)) made the name more common in many places.
The 126 is simply the often occuring first 3 numbers for the model number of most Canon bodies ;)

Other names I've used are partiallygelatinated, which was funny at first but a little degrading and mouldypretzel which gets a funny reaction from my 8 y/o nephew lol
7D, 5D3, 17-40, LEE's, Nifty 1.8, Siggy 18-50 2.8-4.5, Siggy 10-20 4-5.6, Tamron 70-200 2.8

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:05 PM »

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2013, 10:30:17 AM »
Do I have to explain this ? ... OK.  It's the sound produced by a camera.  ;)

;D

rpt

• Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2013, 12:38:36 PM »
Do I have to explain this ? ... OK.  It's the sound produced by a camera.  ;)

;D
Aaaaaaaaah! I was thinking mouse... ;)

I cant believe it was not taken!

florianbieler.de

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • florianbieler.de photography
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »
Well my username is not so much a mystery, it's my official photographer name ;) and also real name, obviously. My avatar shows my logo.
EOS 5D Mark III · EF 16-35 4.0L IS · Σ 35 1.4 · Σ 85 1.4 · EF 70-200 4.0L IS · T 150-600 VC
EOS M · EF-M 22 2.0 · florianbieler.de

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2013, 07:20:40 PM »
~ My last name is Barr.

~ The first job I had was a bartender at my fathers tavern called Barr's Place ( late 70's early 80's).

~ When I wasn't at the families bar I'd spend my free time in others. There used to be a bartenders code in which we'd take care of others at their prospective establishments.

~ 99% of the time when I do drink, it's only in bars.

~Currently as a side job I take care of media and shoot events at my bothers tavern which is called the Riverside Barr & Grill.
    - Compensation : My bar tab.
    - Most used catch phrase : Thank God for auto-focus 'cause I can't see you .
    - Photos from events can be seen here : https://www.facebook.com/riverside.barr/photos_stream

Which means low light shots, right?  I haven't had time to look at the linked pics yet but I gotta think that most bar patrons would be somewhat ambivalent at best about having their pictures taken while at the bar.  Sort of like photographic evidence for the wife, IYKWIM...  (Based on total ignorance BTW, when I went to bars 20 years ago, it was to dance, pick up women, etc.  Typical 2 guys lookin' at/for girls kind of thing...)  And you must have a great personality to help spice up the shots because otherwise, most of the shots would end up looking somewhat the same would they not?  There's Joe drinking his beer, there's Sam drinking his beer, there's Sally hanging on Fred drinking his beer, etc...  Unless!  It's a rough bar, then you may have a lot of action shots... There's Joe beating the living crap out of Sam, there's Sally running while Fred jumps in to save Sam.... etc.   8)

Actually it's a pretty wild place especially in the warmer months , There's two large indoor bars and a Tiki bar out on a deck that's as big as the building. They also have a grove between the bar and river with a full sized stage.
 It's kind of a mix between a biker bar and a family restaurant depending on the day.  The events ranging from outdoor concerts to cardboard boat races do give me ( and many other event photographers ) quite a variety of subjects .

I must admit though, some customers would rather remain anonymous. Usually before a shoot I announce it's for the bars website . It works out quite well. Funny part is most folks ask me to shoot them, I guess they just like seeing themselves on the web page.
 Once in a while I get the request " Don't post that one, my wife doesn't know I'm here."

Check out the link, you might get a kick out of it, they don't just come in cars or motorcycles . They come in boats, helicopters and the occasional hot air balloon.   
 ( I really didn't mean to go into promotions mode, but ya asked )
https://www.facebook.com/riverside.barr/photos_stream
It looks like a fun place  :D

RLPhoto

• Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »
Well, my photos been updated from my 2 year old pic.

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »
RGF is my initials

avaitor is image of me that I happened to have on my computer when I was looking for an aviator

boring ...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »
In the earlier 1980's, I built a 9600 BAUD from scratch using perf-board, discrete ICs, resistors, small speaker and moving coil microphone etc., to transmit research data from Ohio to Oregon in a motel room.
Took more than an hour to transmit.
The phone bill  :-\.
-r

Didn't have your 4G LTE HotSpot and i7 Laptop with you that day, eh?  Had to make due with that 9600 Baud HackinModem and KayPro or Compaq mobile PC XT or AT huh?  (And you were stylin' if you had that!)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

UrbanImages

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
I started doing photography about 20 yrs ago when I was 15. I grew up in Providence RI and spent a lot of time in NYC as a kid with my mother's family. I've always been fascinated with cities. Coupled with my interest and subsequent career in the fire service. I started with fire photography and it branched out from there. Every fire photographer has something fire related, however I wanted to put a little different spin on it hence "UrbanImages". I keep it separate from my photography business in order to preserve the professional aspect.
5D III, 5D IIx2.... 24-70L, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 35-350L, 17-40L, 28-135, 50-1.4, 85-1.8, 40-2.8, 100-2.8 Macro, Sigma 15 Fisheye... 600 EX, 580 EX IIx3, 430 EX II and a bunch of other toys...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »