August 20, 2014, 08:28:34 PM

Author Topic: What Photo Web Host do you use?  (Read 1579 times)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
What Photo Web Host do you use?
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »
Wasn't sure which section to post this in but the question is, which online photo host do you use and why?  For instance, I use Zenfolio because I wanted to make sure our Boy Scout and Church Youth images didn't end up being used in anything we couldn't control.  I've been very happy with Zenfolio.

However, I've noticed that aside from SmugMug, there aren't a lot of options if one doesn't want to sign away rights to pictures they host.

Does anyone know if flckr preserves the original owners' rights?  I notice a lot of folks on this forum use flickr as well as the "official" White House photostream.
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

What Photo Web Host do you use?
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »

ChilledXpress

Re: What Photo Web Host do you use?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »
Wasn't sure which section to post this in but the question is, which online photo host do you use and why?  For instance, I use Zenfolio because I wanted to make sure our Boy Scout and Church Youth images didn't end up being used in anything we couldn't control.  I've been very happy with Zenfolio.

However, I've noticed that aside from SmugMug, there aren't a lot of options if one doesn't want to sign away rights to pictures they host.

Does anyone know if flckr preserves the original owners' rights?  I notice a lot of folks on this forum use flickr as well as the "official" White House photostream.

Absolutely !!!! There are many options available on Flickr allowing you to choose how you share your images. I use Flickr for my personal portfolio and have a seperate website for client work.

Halfrack

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »

Um, the Instagram flare up caused Flickr to point it out heavily.

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2011/05/13/at-flickr-your-photos-are-always-yours/
"Me owning a lens shop is kind of like having an alcoholic bar tender." - Roger Cicala

temp726

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Light Benders Visuals
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
I use a few of them, smugmug for the clients and printing services, flicker for networking and fun, and 500 pix for networking and fun as well.  As far as I know, all of the aforementioned sites let you retain full rights to all of your uploads.  Of course I have my main website as well, for all of my business and galleries what not, but the others are great too, for their respective uses. Smugmug could definitely be an all-in-one solution, if you wanted to go that route, it's a really nice all-around site. 
5D3 , 70D, 24-70 2.8 mk II, 70-200 2.8 mk II, 100 2.8L, 24-105.

triggermike

• Rebel T5i
  • Canon Shooter
    • View Profile
    • mike fossler photography
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
I use SmugMug Pro Account and have been happy. Really need to get in there and reorganize and update - but thats my fault!!!! I'll being refining the whole thing in the near future . . .
www.mikefosslerphotography.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »