December 18, 2014, 07:36:52 AM

Author Topic: Canon's new 24-70mm f/2.8 ii scores top spot on DxOmark for mid-range zoom  (Read 2283 times)

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
for now, anyway, and likely for a long time to come
That's gotta make y'all happy if you bought one. :)

www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Canon-EF24-70mm-f-2.8L-II-USM-A-Peerless-Performer/Conclusion

The Tamron would suffice for me for what I'd use it for and how I'd use it.

canon rumors FORUM

Peerke

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
    • Photo Amora
Why would that test make someone happy? Shooting nice pictures is what it takes to make me happy, not that some test is confirming me what I probably knew already  ;).
7D, 40D, EF-S 10-22, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8, EF-S 18-135, EF 70-200 f/4 IS, EF 35 f2.0, EF 85 f/1.8, EF 50 f/1.8 II, EF 100 f/2.0, Sigma 150, Speedlite 430 II

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Why would that test make someone happy? Shooting nice pictures is what it takes to make me happy, not that some test is confirming me what I probably knew already  ;).

Perkee it ok. He is happy that the lens is good. Let him be.

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ... on superhero vacation!
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
That's gotta make y'all happy if you bought one. :)

DxO is always a great read if they're performing objective tests favoring Canon equipment (who needs IS anyway?), unfortunately there are also a lot of biased reviews esp. in the sensor department giving other manufacturers an unfair advantage - so we have to select carefully :-p

Canon-F1

and why are you replying to a thread your not interested in?
as if we care....  ;D

as to the 24-70mm II.. yes it is expensive but imo it is the better choice to invest in lenses right now.

with a new canon body you may get better AF but not image quality... (except when you shot in near dark at high isos).
but new canon lenses show some real IQ improvements.

and when canon finaly comes up with high MP cameras and a new sensor generation, i will have the glass for it already. :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:56:50 AM by Canon-F1 »

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
I was absolutely going to sell my 24 f1.4 II for the 24-70, but after using the 24 more again for a period I just realized I could never ever part with it. Although I would also really like to have the 24-70, couldn't be further from each other, but it will take som saving, because, man..

Tried the 24-70 mk2 the other day and yes, it's seriously sharp, but I'm more impressed with the color and contrast compared to the mk1. BUT it isn't anywhere close to being as cool as the 24 f1.4  ;D

Anyway, glad to see DxO score it high since we've always agreed with DxO here on CR  ::)
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM