October 01, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

Author Topic: Philip Bloom reviews Canon 1DC  (Read 5279 times)

Capnbooboo

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Philip Bloom reviews Canon 1DC
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »
no zebras, etc, boo
Canon 5d Mkiii 24/105 Lens Kit with Kinotehnik VF, 64GB Sandisk card/45mbs, EYE-FI 16GB, Lexar 32GB 1000x CF card.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »

RickSpringfield

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »
Just posting something so I can occupy the same forum space as Philip Bloom for a couple minutes :)  I need to spend a few years in England because everything he says sounds like the truth with that accent.  I'll bet that works wonders when he travels abroad.  British accent + Director/Producer/Cinematographer + Gear = Approachable James Bond to many I bet.  Kudos to you PB!

And to those that watched the review ... let me just say by far the coolest part is when he says 'When I went back to England Canon UK were kind enough to lend me the camera' ... Now thats clout!

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »
I have seen some of this guy's previous reviews and liked them, but seriously, a 35 minute video about one camera?! I did not make it past the elongated intro. Sorry.

This guy was nice enough to stand out in the freezing cold/rain to shoot a review for the public and you whine about it being too long?  He did a very thorough review, if you're not interested in watching it you're obviously not interested in the camera, so why watch it at all?  I swear people's attention spans are crap nowadays and they always find something to complain about.  Had he done a 3 minute review you'd probably be bitching about it being too short.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »
no zebras, etc, boo

Most people use external monitors/EVFs, of which many have zebra stripes, peaking, etc.
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »
no zebras, etc, boo

Most people use external monitors/EVFs, of which many have zebra stripes, peaking, etc.

That really depends and if it was so universally true then would you hear so much complaining about it everywhere???

And since ML has been scared off from working on the 1DC and 1DX you may have the silly situation where a $12,000 1DC has less basic usability features than every single camera (other than the 1DX) below it (as well as all of the real video cams above it).

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:18:42 PM by LetTheRightLensIn »

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »
The C300 in the UK is by far the number one broascast camera, the title that in SD days was the DigiBeta.

Do you think he means "number one" as in the most used today? If so, that would be very interesting.

Looks like Philiip knew what he was talking about.

http://www.televisual.com/news-detail/Canon-C300-tops-list-of-most-popular-rental-cameras-_nid-2498.html

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:18 PM »