Gear Talk > Canon General

Since 7D MkII isn't coming soon.....

(1/7) > >>

farmdwg:
I need some help here since it appears that the 7D MkII isn't coming soon so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Do I buy the older 7D and get good glass (24-70 2.8L)?

or

Do I buy a Rebel T4i with good glass (24-70 2.8L)?

Save money on the body until I can get the body that I want or do I just go with the current 7D?

AHHHHH!!! Serenity Now!!!

Thanks!

Chosenbydestiny:
Nothing wrong with buying the current 7D model, it's at least better than vaporware, hehe.

sagittariansrock:
Get the 7D if you can swing it. Why?
1. Better camera with better ergonomics (especially with a heavy 2.8L zoom), comparable sensor, much better AF and metering, FPS, sturdier, 100% viewfinder- everything except the tilt-screen and video compatibility with STM lenses.
2. Resale value on 7D will be better than the T4i, especially with the newer 700D in the sidelines. The 7D is only $ 1200 new at the moment, which is really good price.
3. Allows you to wait for an upgrade with arguably the best APS-C camera ever built until the 7DII comes down in price some.

shtarker:
You can get a used 7d on ebay for $800 - $900.

Mt Spokane Photography:
Watching the price trend graph at the bottom of the page on Canon Price Watch is a good indicator as to how close the MK II version is.  When it starts dropping sharply, it probably won't be many months.
http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/02849/Canon-EOS-7D-price.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version