September 22, 2014, 10:42:03 PM

Author Topic: Canon 6D or 5D Mark III  (Read 19576 times)

Mehmetski

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 6D or 5D Mark III
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »
Coming from two Canon 5d MK II bodies and killing one, which I replaced with a mk III. I'm seriously considering selling my remaining mk II and getting a 6D as a second (walkaround and backup) body. The low light AF (dis)abilities of the mk II really bothered me since its release and reports of the 6D are very positive in this regard. I also have the cash for a second MK III but at this point I find it a little overkill to use a 3K camera as a walkaround body dangling over my shoulder or wrist wherever I go, but the 5D Mk III is a JOY to use and love the images I take with it. It is a fantastic camera and the images looks more "natural" to my eyes than the the 5d mk II ever did.  And reports that the IQ of the 6D is at least as good as the 5d mk III gives me a reason to ditch the 5d II for one of these two bodies. I can't choose!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:33:43 AM by Mehmetski »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »

SJ

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • I am just an ordinary person who love taking photo
    • View Profile
    • Photograph by abi Danial
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 06:06:23 AM »
If you dont care about price, I suggest get 5dm3, its a great tools. I recently upgrade from 7d, and im very satisfied. but 6d great tool also. So its up to yyu my friend 8)

J.R.

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:58 AM »
Coming from two Canon 5d MK II bodies and killing one, which I replaced with a mk III. I'm seriously considering selling my mk II and getting a 6D as a second (walkaround) body. The low light AF (dis)abilities of the mk II really bothered me since its release and reports of the 6D are very positive in this regard. I also have the cash for a second MK III but at this point I find it a little overkill to use a 3K camera as a walkaround body dangling over my shoulder or wrist wherever I go, but the 5D Mk III is a JOY to use and love the images I take with it. It is a fantastic camera and the images looks more "natural" to my eyes than the the 5d mk II ever did.  And reports that the IQ of the 6D is at least as good as the 5d mk III gives me a reason to ditch the 5d II for one of these two bodies. I can't choose!!

I replaced the 6D for the 7D in my kit to go along as a second body with my 5D3. It makes a great combo with teles on the 5D3 and WAs on the 6D
5D3, 6D
16-35L, 24-70L II, 70-200L II, 100-400L, 50L, 85L II, 135L, 24TSE, 40, 100 macro, 600RT x 4
I have more photo gear than I need. The blame lies squarely with Canonrumors

fonts

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 09:10:47 AM »
I'll tell u what we want, we want a camera with 5d3 ergonomics and af with the 6d sensor at the price of a 5d2

I don't get it. I happen to like the ergonomics of the 6D better. Then again that is subjective. One thing is fact, the 6D is lighter. Don't underestimate that.

azezal

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2013, 09:17:54 AM »
I'll tell u what we want, we want a camera with 5d3 ergonomics and af with the 6d sensor at the price of a 5d2

I don't get it. I happen to like the ergonomics of the 6D better. Then again that is subjective. One thing is fact, the 6D is lighter. Don't underestimate that.

True, some like their cameras light, some like it heavy I should have used some of us instead of "we"
Anonymity is a blessing,Ignorance is bliss

7enderbender

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »
Coming from two Canon 5d MK II bodies and killing one, which I replaced with a mk III. I'm seriously considering selling my remaining mk II and getting a 6D as a second (walkaround and backup) body. The low light AF (dis)abilities of the mk II really bothered me since its release and reports of the 6D are very positive in this regard. I also have the cash for a second MK III but at this point I find it a little overkill to use a 3K camera as a walkaround body dangling over my shoulder or wrist wherever I go, but the 5D Mk III is a JOY to use and love the images I take with it. It is a fantastic camera and the images looks more "natural" to my eyes than the the 5d mk II ever did.  And reports that the IQ of the 6D is at least as good as the 5d mk III gives me a reason to ditch the 5d II for one of these two bodies. I can't choose!!

That's probably the best case I've heard so far for a 6D. If it's really just a backup and for walkaround I see how a smaller lighter plastic camera makes sense and its limitations probably won't be too difficult to deal with since you still have the Mark III for the more serious stuff.

On the other hand I personally would keep the second 5DII until fails before spending more money. I still think that the MarkII beats the 6D overall - but then I was never concerned with the AF performance and find it plenty good even in difficult light.

How about something completely different for everyday use/walkaround? I'd consider a Fuji or Sony and keep the 5DII around as second SLR body.
5DII - 50L - 135L - 200 2.8L - 24-105 - 580EXII - 430EXII - FD 500/8 - AE1-p - bag full of FD lenses

Mehmetski

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »

That's probably the best case I've heard so far for a 6D. If it's really just a backup and for walkaround I see how a smaller lighter plastic camera makes sense and its limitations probably won't be too difficult to deal with since you still have the Mark III for the more serious stuff.

On the other hand I personally would keep the second 5DII until fails before spending more money. I still think that the MarkII beats the 6D overall - but then I was never concerned with the AF performance and find it plenty good even in difficult light.

How about something completely different for everyday use/walkaround? I'd consider a Fuji or Sony and keep the 5DII around as second SLR body.

Thank you for your reply. That's is exactly the reason, 6D to play around with and the MK III to bring the money. My remaining 5D II is currently parked on 180 thousand actuations and I think it won't die in the near future. The truth is, I didn't touch it since I got the 5d mk III unless it was absolutely necessary because the IQ is not so appealing to me anymore, and it seems the 6D is on the same page with the mk III IQ wise. And that matters to me a lot.

I'm steering on all directions right now. How is the weather sealing on the 6D? Is it in the same level with the 5D II/III? This is important as I beat the crap out of my camera's on all kind of conditions.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »

fonts

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »

The 5D MII is not better. 1/180 & 1/4000 max shutter is not much of a difference. The 6D is the better camera, especially in low light photography (concerts, clubs, night shots etc) it has 2 full stops of ISO advantage, plus it's a cleaner image. Faster FPS, less shutter lag, better screen, 2 more AF points and better AF in general. If you would list out the differences the advantages are clearly to the 6D. Also especially if you're in colder the states, like Minnesota, the Wifi is so useful. Frame your shot and go back into your car while taking pictures, that comes INCLUDED.

pgsdeepak

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »
Played around a little bit with the 5D MIII which I got as CPS loan. A huge step forward from my 40D, especially the AF and low light photos. Focus was amazingly fast indoors. this is the first time I am using a FF camera. The IQ difference is big. Some samples below. In have tried ISO up to 12800(first two images below) and still got decent pictures (better than my 40D at 1600). Have not tried 6D. I assume IQ would be more or less the same, but speed and AF would be something I would really like. Shutter life is another thing I consider as a differentiator, as I plan to keep the camera long term, as long as it works. The debate still continues, need to make a decision before the rebate ends. For now I am leaning towards 5D. I have to really stretch financially to accommodate it, hope I will be able to manage.
Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:16:23 AM by pgsdeepak »
-pgsdeepak-
5D Mark III, 40D, 24-105L, 17-40 L, 100mm Macro, 70-300mm L IS USM

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »