Rumors > PowerShot Cameras

Why does Canon release 17 new powershot cameras per YEAR?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Canon-F1:
Because Canon can....

And when you look at other P&S manufacturer.. it´s not different there.

Or look at Mobile Phones.
98% don´t really need the latest features but everyone wants them.

paul13walnut5:
Some of the models are the actually the same camera, but sold via different retailers, ixus 125 vs ixus 127 for example?  The shops that stock the 'exclusive' model with free case.

My Powershot SX was the exact same as the model up but without GPS.  It lives in my glovebox.  I'm probably going to buy a very cheap original rebel for my holidays this year, as the compacts just don't cut it.  Don't want to take anything worth more than £250 as thats my upper holiday insurance limit.

Sella174:
Another reason might be that P&S cameras are single production runs only, with many parts outsourced.

Dylan777:
Canon's philosophy " if you build it, they buy it".

I'm glad EOS-M didn't do well. Let see what Canon can do with their next mirrorless cameras.

hamada:

--- Quote from: Dylan777 on April 29, 2013, 09:23:11 AM ---Canon's philosophy " if you build it, they buy it".

I'm glad EOS-M didn't do well. Let see what Canon can do with their next mirrorless cameras.

--- End quote ---

what does "not well" means?

when canons masaya maeda says a camera does not sell well (or as expected) then pentax or ricoh would still be very happy with the sales numbers.

i read that at least in japan the EOS M was for some time in the top 5 of the most sold mirrorless cameras. BNC ranking = 9.2% market share.

to know what "well" really means we need some hard numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version