July 29, 2014, 10:10:33 AM

Author Topic: Photo storage facility  (Read 566 times)

Efka76

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Photo storage facility
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:06:53 AM »
I just noticed that Nikon released service, which provides free 2GB of storage space to everyone and free 20GB if you have Nikon camera. Link is here: http://info.nikonimagespace.com/en_00/welcome.html.

It is interesting whether Canon is going to release such service as well? Currently Canon and Nikon are almost equal competitors, but they are competing in gear area. I always considered Canon as more superior comparing to Nikon, however, I am a bit disappointed that Canon is starting to slightly loose competition to Nikon as it seems that Nikon's marketing guys have more brains. I would really expect Canon to make more investments in R&D, review their pricing strategy and start to remember that we are living in internet age (it seems that Nikon understood that firstly).

It is always better to be market maker and form trends rather than to be simple follower. What is your view on such matters?
Gripped EOS 7D | EF 50 1.4 USM | EF 70-200 2.8L IS II USM | EF 100 2.8L IS USM | Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 | EF-S 18-135 mm | 580 EXII | ThinkTank Retrospective 30

canon rumors FORUM

Photo storage facility
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:06:53 AM »

Ellen Schmidtee

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: Photo storage facility
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
I just noticed that Nikon released service, which provides free 2GB of storage space to everyone and free 20GB if you have Nikon camera. Link is here: http://info.nikonimagespace.com/en_00/welcome.html.

It is interesting whether Canon is going to release such service as well?

I don't measure photography equipment manufacturers based on their willingness to provide free photo organiziner web site space.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Photo storage facility
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »