Rumors > EOS Bodies

Canon 1DX ITR AF Feature

(1/3) > >>

Secretariat:
Forgive the ignorance but what is the ITR AF feature in the Canon 1DX all about?Is it true that if it is turned on,it slows down the auto-focusing of the camera a bit?And lastly,when is it best to use this feature and when is it better not to use it?
Thanks in advance.

neuroanatomist:
It's face-detection with phase AF.  I find that it works pretty for tracking a person moving through a group.  I have a Servo setting for 'people/events' and I use iTR for that, but not for my wildlife/birds setting.  Note that for iTR to work, you've got to be in 61-point auto selection more for the AF point selection.

Secretariat:
Thanks a lot for your reply.

caruser:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on January 29, 2013, 11:27:24 AM ---It's face-detection with phase AF.  I find that it works pretty for tracking a person moving through a group.  I have a Servo setting for 'people/events' and I use iTR for that, but not for my wildlife/birds setting.  Note that for iTR to work, you've got to be in 61-point auto selection more for the AF point selection.

--- End quote ---

Is it ok to have only cross-type points selectable?

neuroanatomist:
Yes.  Setting 'select cross type points' limits only what you can manually select.  With 4- or 8-pt expansion or 61-pt in Servo, when the camera is picking the AF point(s), it will use both cross- and line-type points.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version