Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

can anyone share a basic easy multicam video set up with 5d3s?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Capnbooboo:
hold on guys, now i don't know where i misled the post to the point where i was talking about syncing things manually in post, that i can always do, but when you shoot with video cameras in Broadcast your cameras time code needs to be set up and you do NOT have to hit record at the same time when you have time code, especially if the time code is synced spot on 100 hours to the clock.

What i want to do is set up the time code on the camera so when i hit record on camera 1 while camera 2 is still not recording when i bring the material back to post and drop it in premiere it spots dead on the TIMELINES Sequence time code in Premiere, no need to drag sync anything manually by lining it up etc, this is what time code is for., Or for example if camera 1 starts and stops recording all day long while camera 2 starts and stops a few times again dropping the files into Premiere with time code means on the time line they will place themselves where the start and stop of the recordings took place, with time code synced to the same clock can not go wrong., like our computers are synced to clocks on line etc.

Ly problem with the 5d3 has been that i set up the clock, display recording in time code and do NOT see any difference when shooting video, then i change that setting to display recording time and i still see no difference in that mode, i only see a difference if i shut the camera on and off while changing settings so is my camera broken or can you guys confirm its the way canon programmed their cameras poorly for time code so you can only have it externally on a ninja/hyperdeck etc etc.

The_Arsonist:

--- Quote from: Capnbooboo on January 29, 2013, 11:14:53 PM ---hold on guys, now i don't know where i misled the post to the point where i was talking about syncing things manually in post, that i can always do, but when you shoot with video cameras in Broadcast your cameras time code needs to be set up and you do NOT have to hit record at the same time when you have time code, especially if the time code is synced spot on 100 hours to the clock.

What i want to do is set up the time code on the camera so when i hit record on camera 1 while camera 2 is still not recording when i bring the material back to post and drop it in premiere it spots dead on the TIMELINES Sequence time code in Premiere, no need to drag sync anything manually by lining it up etc, this is what time code is for., Or for example if camera 1 starts and stops recording all day long while camera 2 starts and stops a few times again dropping the files into Premiere with time code means on the time line they will place themselves where the start and stop of the recordings took place, with time code synced to the same clock can not go wrong., like our computers are synced to clocks on line etc.

Ly problem with the 5d3 has been that i set up the clock, display recording in time code and do NOT see any difference when shooting video, then i change that setting to display recording time and i still see no difference in that mode, i only see a difference if i shut the camera on and off while changing settings so is my camera broken or can you guys confirm its the way canon programmed their cameras poorly for time code so you can only have it externally on a ninja/hyperdeck etc etc.

--- End quote ---

AFAIK no Canon DSLR has free running timecode capabilities. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I use Magic Lantern on a 50D, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

Here's a link that may be useful to you. It explains how to use small battery powered timecode generators with a 5d Mk2.

http://endlesspicnic.com/blog/2011/11/time-code-canon-5d/

victorwol:
5D MKIII has free running time code, it is based on the time of the day which can be sync between cameras a a computer or GPS unit. So you don't need to roll both cameras all the time, the multicam oof Premiere or Media Composer or any editing software will base it on the timecodes of both cameras. We do this all the time even with more cameras like Sony F3, Canon C300, Panasonic, Red, all comes with the same timecode from the field, sometimes there is a small shift, but that can be adjusted for a given camera, at least in Media Composer, not sure for Premiere, that will shift everything from that camera to match it with the rest, since they are in free run mode, you sync only once and works for the rest of the shoot.

Cgdillan:
I am a "pro" wedding videographer and shoot almost every wedding ceremony with 2x 5D mkIIIs, a 7D, a 60D. and a T2i. For the last two years, I have not once need to manually sync, or worry about free running timecode, or synced time code. I use "Plural Eyes" now made by the company "Red Giant" and it has never once failed me. The plugin uses the audio tracks, dirty or clean, to match the video clips up. I have many starts and stops on each camera throughout the ceremony and plural eyes has no problem auto syncing them up and keeping each camera on it's own track. I think it is around $150 but is totally worth it.

cayenne:

--- Quote from: Cgdillan on January 30, 2013, 03:21:34 AM ---I am a "pro" wedding videographer and shoot almost every wedding ceremony with 2x 5D mkIIIs, a 7D, a 60D. and a T2i. For the last two years, I have not once need to manually sync, or worry about free running timecode, or synced time code. I use "Plural Eyes" now made by the company "Red Giant" and it has never once failed me. The plugin uses the audio tracks, dirty or clean, to match the video clips up. I have many starts and stops on each camera throughout the ceremony and plural eyes has no problem auto syncing them up and keeping each camera on it's own track. I think it is around $150 but is totally worth it.

--- End quote ---

WOW....how many people do you have shooting with you, with that many cameras, or is that not all video..some for stills?
Still...how many extras to you have shooting a wedding?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version