December 29, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

Author Topic: Canon responds: The New & Revolutionary Canon EOS 75D !!  (Read 8456 times)

MichaelHodges

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon responds: The New & Revolutionary Canon EOS 75D !!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
... I found the whole thing mocking instead of funny.

I found that the "press release" captured the essence of why I haven't "upgraded" my current Canon EOS bodies ... Canon is on the one hand simply recycling the same old stuff (e.g. the EOS 700D), and on the other hand not pushing "innovation" down  to "traditional" photographers (e.g. the on-chip AF of the 70D is useless if your technique is through the viewfinder).

Agreed. I found it hilarious as well.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »

dgatwood

• 1D Mark IV
  • 300D, 400D, 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »
... I found the whole thing mocking instead of funny.

I found that the "press release" captured the essence of why I haven't "upgraded" my current Canon EOS bodies ... Canon is on the one hand simply recycling the same old stuff (e.g. the EOS 700D), and on the other hand not pushing "innovation" down  to "traditional" photographers (e.g. the on-chip AF of the 70D is useless if your technique is through the viewfinder).

Of course, IMO, that's something of an unfair criticism.  Like most traditional photographers, I take more than 99% of my shots through the viewfinder, but for the occasional shot where I do use live view—whether because I'm using extenders with a slow lens, holding the camera over my head to get a better angle, using a rain hood, or whatever—I find that there are no words for how much the focusing speed sucks.  :)

Sure, that feature isn't at all critical, and I certainly wouldn't trade other features for it, but I definitely wouldn't complain if it found its way into every camera in Canon's lineup, just as long as there are other significant sensor improvements along with it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »