July 30, 2014, 08:36:10 AM

Author Topic: Is it good choice to buy from digitalrev.com Store? URgent!  (Read 13895 times)

celliottuk

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Is it good choice to buy from digitalrev.com Store? URgent!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 05:24:27 AM »
I can only tell you that here in the UK, DigitalRev have delivered on-time, in-full every time, with no extras to pay. I have no idea how it would work outside the UK

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 05:24:27 AM »

Harry Muff

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:12 AM »
For those in the UK, your best bet is ProCameraShop even cheaper than DigitalRev and awesome service.
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »
BTW, I just checked the DigitalRev store and whenever there is no "Import Tax/duty" they clearly mention that in their "Order Summary" section I put in UAE and they clearly mention that there is "No Import Tax/Duty to Pay" ... (see the attached screenshot).
However, when there is a possibility of Customs Tax/duty they don't mention anything in that section ... I put in USA as the shipping destination and they do not show anything, which means there is a definate possibility that there is some customs or tax applied, if you ship it to USA
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 06:09:36 AM »
For those in the UK, your best bet is ProCameraShop even cheaper than DigitalRev and awesome service.
I cannot dispute your claim about ProCameraShop's service as I have never used their services, I am sure they are really good ... but price wise they are no match to DigitalRev ... compare the below difference in price:
Prices of Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM at:
ProCameraShop: GBP 439.99 (USD 691.52)
DigitalRev: USD 394.83

Prices of Canon EOS 7D at:
ProCameraShop: GBP 729.99 (US$1147.47)
DigitalRev: USD 1101.03

Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

seymour110

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »
Bought a 17-40mm last year, arrived very quickly and no problems. Ordered a 100mm f2 this christmas, very quick delivery considering the holidays and again well wrapped and no problems. Brilliant service, great rates and very friendly. They've also started including in the box a Digitalrev warranty which covers any faults that you have to pay canon to fix (considering canon warranty doesnt apply in UK with HK products)

Radiating

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 02:59:19 PM »
After multiple purchases from DigitalRev, I can honestly say you won't have worries with them.  They're a very great company.

Yep digital rev is awesome, and their reviews are really nice to watch.

You won't be dinged with an import fee if you have it sent to the US, and you will actually have a major advantage because you will have a warranty from digital rev, where as Canon USA would not transfer your warranty to bangladesh.

Digital Rev all the way.

Harry Muff

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
I cannot dispute your claim about ProCameraShop's service as I have never used their services, I am sure they are really good ... but price wise they are no match to DigitalRev ... compare the below difference in price:
Prices of Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM at:
ProCameraShop: GBP 439.99 (USD 691.52)
DigitalRev: USD 394.83

Prices of Canon EOS 7D at:
ProCameraShop: GBP 729.99 (US$1147.47)
DigitalRev: USD 1101.03

Depends on what you're looking at.

EF 100 2.8L IS - DigitalRev: £585 / ProCameraShop: £567

EOS 5D Mk3 - DigitalRev: £2050 / ProCameraShop: £1999

EOS 1DX - DigitalRev: £4239 / ProCameraShop: £4197

PLUS... With ProCameraShop you get an extra 3% off by paying with a transfer which is simple to do.

On the 5D Mk3 that's an additional £59.97 off, making the final price £1939.03.

A whole £111 cheaper than DigitaRev.

Imagine the difference the 3% would make on the 1DX...
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »
Warranty difference Hmmmm......... Then again maybe a single sentence that seems to cover 'any fault' is a bit of a result!  ;)

ProCameraShop's (well all I can find)

Faulty goods
 All products are covered by our one year in-house warranty. This covers parts and labour as standard and if any faults do develop within that period you need only contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve the situation in the quickest time possible.

DigitalRev's

Worldwide Local Warranty
Peace of Mind with Local Warranty & Door-to-Door Warranty

With every purchase, we offer two types of warranties for free.

1. Worldwide Local Warranty

Simply send your product to a local authorised service centre to obtain a repair estimate. Send the estimate to us for approval (we check if the repairs being carried out matches the problems described, and also make sure it is covered by the warranty terms and conditions, e.g. accidental damage is not covered).

Once approved, your product will be serviced and repaired with all the costs paid by us.

2. Door-to-door Warranty

If you prefer a simple laid-back approach and don't mind waiting slightly longer, we offer Door-to-door warranty where we will send a courier to your home to collect the faulty product and have it returned to our global service depot. We'll then handle everything for you and have repaired item returned to you by courier.

This approach may take longer, but you do not have to do anything. Just pack the product in a box and wait for the our courier to pick it up.

Terms & Conditions

DigitalRev one year limited warranty is available on all products offered in DigitalRev Online Store, except those products that come with a worldwide or international warranty as standard as well as products listed in "Specific exclusions" and "General exclusions". The DigitalRev one year warranty, valid only when goods is paid for in full, warrants the product to operate according to manufacturer's specifications for the period of 1 year after the dispatch date.

What is covered:

Parts and labour costs for the repair of a manufacture defect or fault of production, which resulted in the product malfunctioning.
Parts and labour costs for the repair of fault of material of the product, which resulted in the product malfunctioning.
Specific exclusions:

Consumables such as batteries and films are not covered by the warranty.
Products listed at Fun Store are not covered by the warranty.

General exclusions (what's NOT covered):

Wear and tear
Damage caused by impact, fire, theft, attempted theft, accidental or malicious damage, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding or other adverse weather conditions
Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
A breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer
Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which were not approved by us
External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
Faults caused by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness or corrosion, leaky batteries, repair or cleaning by unauthorised personnel
Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
Correction of errors for any non-DigitalRev or original manufacturer proprietary software
Loss or damage of data
Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system
Not installing any error correction that we issue for the software
Special Note for Waterproof Casings/Bags:

Warranty covers replacement of item in the event that water leakage occurs under proper usage within product specifications. Damages due to impact, exceeding recommended depths, etc. would void the warranty. Please be advised that the warranty offered is strictly for the purchased item only. Digitalrev Limited will not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.

General Terms:

The warranty is valid from the date of dispatch until the end of 1 year.
If the product comes with a warranty card, you must keep this warranty card in a safe place. The warranty card must be presented in order to make a claim.
It is in your best interest to make a note of your product's item number and this should be quoted in any communication with DigitalRev.
You must obtain an authorisation for repair from us first. The choice of repair is subject to DigitalRev's authorisation, and we may choose to specify a particular service centre.
Do not return your product to DigitalRev without first obtaining a return authorisation form. DigitalRev will not accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You will also be responsible for the cost of return postage.

DigitalRev warrants this product (excluding accessories, software, consumables such as, but not limited to, toner, ink sheets, paper and other consumables as defined by us) to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is the period stated above and commences on the day of dispatch. In the event that the product is not in good working condition, DigitalRev will provide, during the warranty period, a free service. The warranty is subject to proof of purchase; therefore you should retain your payment receipt (PDF invoice can be downloaded from your account area).
We may choose to replace your product if the cost of repair is not economical. In the case of the product no longer being available, we may choose to replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. These values are determined by what the values are at the time of replacement.
You will be responsible for the cost of having the product checked / repaired if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
DigitalRev's only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
You should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your assets and property (including all software and data) and to minimise potential loss or disruption, including, where appropriate, making full backups of all your software and data and implementing virus checking controls.
The warranty is not transferable to a third party.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 12:31:31 AM »
If its urgent forget any of the chinese or hong kong sellers for the next week or so
it's chinese new year and it wont ship for a while

Shin nian kuai le! :D

for what you are planning going with B&H will be the best
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:33:21 AM by wickidwombat »
APS-H Fanboy

shitol69

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 09:24:33 AM »
After multiple purchases from DigitalRev, I can honestly say you won't have worries with them.  They're a very great company.

Yep digital rev is awesome, and their reviews are really nice to watch.

You won't be dinged with an import fee if you have it sent to the US, and you will actually have a major advantage because you will have a warranty from digital rev, where as Canon USA would not transfer your warranty to bangladesh.

Digital Rev all the way.

Well!! Thanks!!
then it will be very good for me.

and thanks everyone for replying!  :)

Barrfly

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »
This is an interesting story that may relate to the original post.
http://www.prettyinwhite.com/digital-rev-hey-thats-my-camera/

shitol69

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 11:11:18 AM »
This is an interesting story that may relate to the original post.
http://www.prettyinwhite.com/digital-rev-hey-thats-my-camera/

That's ironic.  :( :(

Rienzphotoz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 06:28:30 AM »
I had a live chat with Digitalrev customer service rep today, as I was planning on Pre-ordering Nikon D7100 (as they do not charge shipping and they also take care of customs duty) ... but strangely they still do not have the price available for Nikon D7100, while pretty much every other website has disclosed the price to US$ 1196.05

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 06:28:30 AM »

thewaywewalk

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »
Two months ago I order the Canon EF 40mm STM - something cheap to give digitalrev a chance. I live in Germany, maybe somebody is interested in my experience.

1) The item got shipped fast, but the tracking ID was not really helpful.
2) I paid 2,50€ for something I don't know, but apart from that, no customs or anything.
3) a couple of days after the proposed delivery date I contacted the support to ask where my article would be, they immediately gave me a new tracking ID for another delivery service. My article already arrived in Germany.
4) 4 days later the tracking told me the article would be in a little village next to London, so I contacted the support again. After a few hours they promised to do investigations
5) a couple of days later they admitted the article would be "lost in transit"
6) I could choose between money back and another try, I chose the first.
7) 12 days later I got my money back.

So I'd say, if you have time and you don't mind all these circumstances, I'd risk it and order there. In the worst case you haven't got the article, but haven't lost any money neither. In the best case you can save up to 40%. So why not?

candc

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Don't buy from digitalrev, thier "no questions asked" return policy is anything but that.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=17132.msg317090#msg317090
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:08:56 PM by candc »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »