Rumors > Lenses

70-200 f4 IS

<< < (2/2)

NaturaLight:
I read somewhere that canon was updating its older lenses because they didn't have the resolving power to keep up with the latest sensors.

greger:
Reviews I read before I bought this lens in November 2008 said the 70-200 F4 IS USM is the sharpest zoom lens that Canon makes. Since then the 70-200 F2.8 IS USM ll has been released and it may be sharper. I use the F4 IS USM the most. I use it with the 1.4 Extender to take BIF pics on my 7D. I got great pics on my 40D with this combo. I am looking forward to this spring and summer to get BIF pics with my 7D. As it takes 67mm filters I can use them on my 17-85 too.

I bought this lens because I didn't think Canon would be updating it anytime in the near future. I felt they would update the 2.8 version next. I was right. I think it was updated in 2010.

I believe the F4 and the 2.8 have the resolving power to keep up with the new sensors. I am quite happy how my lenses
take pics on my 7D I am happier than when I just had the 40D. Raw files look better on the computer straight out of the 7D.

chayut350d:
i think it's a Sharpest in canon 70-200  (except 2.8 IS II i haven't use it)
about update soon. i don't think so

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version