August 22, 2014, 06:35:31 PM

Author Topic: Canon Refurbished Cameras back in Stock  (Read 5598 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Canon Refurbished Cameras back in Stock
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:42:57 PM »
I see that Canon has started adding some stock back into the refurb store today.  7D and 5d MK II are back in stock, as well as some of the middle range lenses.

New 5D MK II's are hard to find, so a refurb for under $2000 is pretty good.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/home_10051_10051_-1

canon rumors FORUM

Canon Refurbished Cameras back in Stock
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:42:57 PM »

DynaMike

Re: Canon Refurbished Cameras back in Stock
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »
So bummed.... didn't check for a few days, and came back the other day to see they had 15% off lenses on top of the refurbished prices.  Of course the 17-55mm sold out once the sale hit.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
So bummed.... didn't check for a few days, and came back the other day to see they had 15% off lenses on top of the refurbished prices.  Of course the 17-55mm sold out once the sale hit.

I check every day, often twice a day.  I checked in the AM, and again 4 hours later, the 15% sale was on, and all the good stuff was gone, so it all sold out in a very short time, probably under a hour.  Same with lenses.

Some of the items pop up and then disappear, even the 1D MK IV was there for almost a hour one day 2 weeks ago.

DynaMike

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 04:21:45 AM »
Man...sure gotta be on it.  Bet they have super limited stock for the more popular items.  Probably less than a handful at a time, so they go fast.  Been waiting to buy a 17-55mm, but just haven't been able to find the right deal yet.  Buying refurbished through Canon kinda isn't worth it for that lens at least.  By the time you buy the 2 lens caps that are extra, pay taxes, and pay shipping it's only like an $80 difference from buying new from B&H.  Would rather just save the hassle and buy new for that price and get the year warranty compared to the 90 day refurbished warranty.  If I would of caught it at the extra 15% off (about $140 less)  that would of tipped the scale toward refurbished though.

chuckjr

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
$2k for a refurbished Mark II is pretty good. I just sold my 13 month old 5dM2 for $2100 with a generic grip

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
Hi - I just looked up the link - but they don't ship in CANADA - does anyone know where I can get a 7D refurb here?  It's a great price and our dollars are pretty much on par right now.

Thanks  :)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »
By the time you buy the 2 lens caps that are extra,

Canon refurbished lenses don't come with caps?  Ouch!
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »

thejoyofsobe

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 08:21:46 PM »

Canon refurbished lenses do come with everything a brand new lens would come with (i.e. both lens caps) except a 90 day warranty instead of a full year. The refurbished L lenses even come with their respective lens hoods and pouches.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »

Canon refurbished lenses do come with everything a brand new lens would come with (i.e. both lens caps) except a 90 day warranty instead of a full year. The refurbished L lenses even come with their respective lens hoods and pouches.

That's what I'd have thought.  Thanks!
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

PXL_Pusher

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 10:43:38 AM »
I recently sold off my 50D, and upgraded to a refurbished 7D from the Canon direct shop online.
I know, I know - the upgrade should have been to a full frame - but I am waiting for that 5dMKIII and a 7D has most of what I need for now. (The real reason I upgraded was better AF system and wireless off camera flash capabilities - yes the upgrade cost me less than the canon ST-E2). Video was just an added bonus.

Sorry, that ramble was more me thinking out loud than informational. The point of this is, I had a great experience shopping for the camera directly from Canon and when I received the camera it truly was undistinguishable from a brand new body. No fingerprints, scratches or noticeable wear. The only noticeable difference is the box they package it all in is not the same as the retail box.... there is a special "Refurbished" box, which still safely holds everything together. All cables, cords, manuals and accessories that come with the brand new camera came wrapped in the little bags and everything. Will not hesitate to order from them again - at least until amazon prices become reasonable or on par with Canon direct pricing again.

Hopefully this helps anyone on the fence about ordering refurbed items from Canon. Will be asking for some lens suggestions on a different thread   :D

spanish_z

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
While I am a real die hard Canon user, I only get Nikon offers for refurbished cameras (here in Spain) but not a single Canon offer.
I kind of feel jealous of the those guys.  :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »