Rumors > Third Party Manufacturers

D7000 replacement in April...

(1/13) > >>

Ew:
Nikon rumors puts the d7000 replacement for April...
I'm betting that canon will play catchup as we've been seeing of late, and they will be forced to push out whatever pre-prod version of the 7d replacement by May.

What I'm really hoping for though is that Canon doesn't bite, and starts to lead with their own timeline...

jrista:

--- Quote from: Ew on February 04, 2013, 01:57:18 PM ---Nikon rumors puts the d7000 replacement for April...
I'm betting that canon will play catchup as we've been seeing of late, and they will be forced to push out whatever pre-prod version of the 7d replacement by May.

What I'm really hoping for though is that Canon doesn't bite, and starts to lead with their own timeline...

--- End quote ---

I don't think Canon will actually release anything to the shelves until it is really ready. The "release" of the 1D X proves that. It was paper released the better part of a year ahead of when it actually hit the street, so I don't think there should be any fear that Canon won't do their customers justice for a product once it (and it's feature set) are announced.

aznable:

--- Quote from: Ew on February 04, 2013, 01:57:18 PM ---Nikon rumors puts the d7000 replacement for April...

--- End quote ---

7d isnt a competitor of d7000....d7000 will get a new sensor+electronics to maintain the fr

CarlTN:
As far as the sensor is concerned, Canon have yet to "catch up" to the D7000, let alone its replacement.  I doubt they will, because crop sensor performance hasn't been a priority for Canon for a long time, if ever.  But their crop camera body performance overall, has been ok, other than the Rebel series and the 60D.

But frankly, I don't see a new Sony-designed crop sensor having 14 stops of dynamic range...and even if it did, it would fall off quickly above ISO 800 or so.

That's the real difference though, Nikon has to have someone else design and build their sensors.  Canon does their own.  I admire that.  But the current Canon sensor was designed in what, 2007?  2008?  The 7D came out in Fall 2009, so certainly the sensor was designed many months before that.  It's very, very old technology now.

mbpics:

--- Quote from: CarlTN on February 04, 2013, 07:14:32 PM ---As far as the sensor is concerned, Canon have yet to "catch up" to the D7000, let alone its replacement.  I doubt they will, because crop sensor performance hasn't been a priority for Canon for a long time, if ever.  But their crop camera body performance overall, has been ok, other than the Rebel series and the 60D.

But frankly, I don't see a new Sony-designed crop sensor having 14 stops of dynamic range...and even if it did, it would fall off quickly above ISO 800 or so.

That's the real difference though, Nikon has to have someone else design and build their sensors.  Canon does their own.  I admire that.  But the current Canon sensor was designed in what, 2007?  2008?  The 7D came out in Fall 2009, so certainly the sensor was designed many months before that.  It's very, very old technology now.

--- End quote ---

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Nikon-D5200-New-sensor-and-new-leader/Measurement

The D5200 sensor has 13.9 stops of DR, and it is a NIKON-designed sensor, manufactured by Toshiba. I love this move for Nikon, as they're now seemingly in charge of their own sensor development and not tied down to any specific fab, as Canon is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version