August 01, 2014, 10:16:20 AM

Author Topic: 2nd camera body with a twist -  (Read 2657 times)

brought1

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd camera body with a twist -
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 01:08:37 AM »
Would be a big change but, why not sell the 5d ii and the two 40d's, and get two 5d iii's. The mark 3's would be better for the weddings and the sports with its autofocus and frame rate. And then you have the convenience of using two identical bodies, same button layout, ergonomics, and probably a more consistent image output.

Here's my issue with the 40d's - I have two of them, purchased back in  2007 and 2008.  Well, right now, resale value on ebay and the going rate on craigslist in my area is around 150-200 just for the body only.  The 40d is still a great camera and I would hate to sale it for mere pennies on the dollar.  I would rather save it for my two sons, so when they get older, they have something to mess around with. 

Right now, I did post on CL in my area for a 40d, 28-135 is, sigma 17-70, 2 battieries, 6 different filters for 650.  Let's see if it sells. 

And earlier, someone mentioned that if I could find a 1ds mkiii for closer to 2000, that might be a better option than buying the 5d mk iii.  That's what I was thinking.  If I had to drop 3000 + for a 1ds mk iii....I don't know that I would go that route.  Plus the warranty!!! I don't think I'll find a warranty with the 1ds where I could easily get one for the 5d mk iii. 

Good comments everyone!  I really appreciate it.  Thank you.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 01:08:37 AM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 09:12:05 PM »
Would be a big change but, why not sell the 5d ii and the two 40d's, and get two 5d iii's. The mark 3's would be better for the weddings and the sports with its autofocus and frame rate. And then you have the convenience of using two identical bodies, same button layout, ergonomics, and probably a more consistent image output.

Here's my issue with the 40d's - I have two of them, purchased back in  2007 and 2008.  Well, right now, resale value on ebay and the going rate on craigslist in my area is around 150-200 just for the body only.  The 40d is still a great camera and I would hate to sale it for mere pennies on the dollar.  I would rather save it for my two sons, so when they get older, they have something to mess around with. 

Right now, I did post on CL in my area for a 40d, 28-135 is, sigma 17-70, 2 battieries, 6 different filters for 650.  Let's see if it sells. 

And earlier, someone mentioned that if I could find a 1ds mkiii for closer to 2000, that might be a better option than buying the 5d mk iii.  That's what I was thinking.  If I had to drop 3000 + for a 1ds mk iii....I don't know that I would go that route.  Plus the warranty!!! I don't think I'll find a warranty with the 1ds where I could easily get one for the 5d mk iii. 

Good comments everyone!  I really appreciate it.  Thank you.

good point on the 40ds you could also keep em for shooting timelapse if you are into that sort of thing
APS-H Fanboy

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 09:12:05 PM »