January 30, 2015, 03:39:37 PM

Author Topic: Photographs taken in my yard  (Read 1887 times)

PropeNonComposMentis

• Rebel SL1
  • >< Pentaxian ><
    • View Profile
Re: Photographs taken in my yard
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »
DUDE !!!  THERE IS A Bob Cat IN YOUR YARD !!!  Far out man !!!  8)

"Fish and Wildlife Officers ". I reckon they were JPL/CIA Operatives checking up on your new Mars Lander / Rover White House Drone. ;)

Nice gear, Great Image. So Cool !!!

We only get Kangaroos here...
<> I store my images on the wall ! <>

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »

MARKOE PHOTOE

• EOS M2
  • Photography is a love affair with life.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markoe.smugmug.com
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
Excellent shots Larry and I love your rig!   

Us California suburbanites got a bob cat like this right by my daughters school and flyers were printed and posted on all the neighboring homes to be on the 'look out'.  It almost shut the school down.

Beautiful animals and too bad they have to come into populated areas to find food.
A few cameras and lenses and a lot of creative energy and imagination.
"You never learn anything until you mess it up."

mackguyver

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »
Great shots, Larry, and I'll tell my pals over at FWC to leave you alone :).  I'm just kidding, but I do work with those guys a fair bit in my role working with law enforcement.  I'm glad to hear that they were cool.

I love the stroller cart, too, that's great!  I've been thinking about doing something similar with a beach cart...

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 09:32:06 PM »
Thank you for the kind words.
In this picture he seems to be taken up by you and saying "strange looking human twins in the pram!"

:P

He really posed for you!

Valvebounce

• 1D X
  • Still can't use most of it to it's full potential!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:38:09 AM »
Hi Larry.
You have some beautiful shots here, are you allowed to feed the birds, or does the illegal to feed wild animals extend to them too? I'm glad you didn't have too much bother from the FWO as it could be difficult to prove non feeding!
I read with interest the post in which you unveiled your camera buggy to us, great idea, I have a rigid toolbox which I bungee to a small collapsable sack truck for car and bike jumbling, been thinking of adapting this for camera gear. Probably will just remain a thought for a while as I don't yet have enough aches and pains to really prevent carrying!  ;D
Again many thanks for sharing these beautiful shots.

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks Graham, As you can see I did remove the tick for him. I'm still learning the ART of photography. I have a run and gun style of photography better suited for street, and photojournalistic photography. Long lens, hit and run style. I have very little skill, and even less desire to learn the set up, and pre production posing style of photography. I like to shoot it as I see it. Thats me and my photo cart I made from my granddaughters stroller. Holds all the essentials, and keeps my gear off the ground and out of the weather when moving about and walking long distances thru the woods.
7D + Grip, 40D + Grip, 20D, EF-S 17-85 Kit lens, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM, EF 2x III, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 C, 50mm f1.8, 550EX some Filters Remotes Macro tubes Tripod heads etc!
20D, BG-E2N, 17-85mm, 50mm are pre loved. :)
(300D Saved a holiday, E-FS 18-55 Cosina 100-300 retired)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:38:09 AM »