Image & Video Galleries > Animal Kingdom

Show your Bird Portraits

<< < (251/1733) > >>

rpt:

--- Quote from: applecider on April 27, 2013, 09:36:23 PM ---A flowering cherry tree near Portland OR was full of these probably immature rufous or Allen's hummingbirds.

Throats showed no color at all.

1dx at 4000 f 5.6 iso 1250 better beamer for some.

--- End quote ---
Lovely shot! Could you describe the method you used?

serendipidy:

--- Quote from: rpt on April 27, 2013, 09:41:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: applecider on April 27, 2013, 09:36:23 PM ---A flowering cherry tree near Portland OR was full of these probably immature rufous or Allen's hummingbirds.

Throats showed no color at all.

1dx at 4000 f 5.6 iso 1250 better beamer for some.

--- End quote ---
Lovely shot! Could you describe the method you used?

--- End quote ---

+1...beautiful! 8)

I really love hummingbird photos. Unfortunately, there are no hummingbirds in Hawaii :'(

applecider:
Thank you for the kind comments.

My technique is to go alone so no one is bugging me to to move on :-), the full exif is on flkr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/56580542@N05/8687860452/#in/photostream .

I was shooting manual with shutter at 4000 iso at 1250 and f at 5.6, given enough light I'd lower iso and raise shutter and f stop.  Using a canon 600 rt flash with the better beamer on high speed sync ettl mode, power adjusted up one stop.  My idea was just to fill in the shadows with the flash as opposed to using it to stop action.  Put the sun behind me and would hold on the wing flutter until there was a clean shot, then tried to shot singles to let the flash keep up.  The shot below was the same as previous posted sans flash.  Flash really makes the shot pop.

Rienzphotoz:
Bloody Mynah Fight PART 1:
Last Thursday afternoon (beside my office window), 2 pairs of Mynah birds (total 4 ... might be husband wife team) were having a brutal fight ... one Mynah bird had the wing of another one in its claw and twisting it, as if to tear it off ... just would not let go, it was as if I was watching UFC ... it looked quite brutal, but luckily they all flew off in the end. Anyway, here are some pics of that fight. Images made with Nikon D7000 + 18-300 VR at 300mm, 1/500 sec, f/8, ISO 1600

Rienzphotoz:
Bloody Mynah Fight PART 2:
Last Thursday afternoon (beside my office window), 2 pairs of Mynah birds (total 4 ... might be husband wife team) were having a brutal fight ... one Mynah bird had the wing of another one in its claw and twisting it, as if to tear it off ... just would not let go, it was as if I was watching UFC ... it looked quite brutal, but luckily they all flew off in the end. Anyway, here are some pics of that fight. Images made with Nikon D7000 + 18-300 VR at 300mm, 1/500 sec, f/8, ISO 1600

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version