Rumors > EOS Bodies

Big Megapixel Camera in 2014

(1/42) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet
A new EOS-1 body in 2014

The latest we and others are hearing is that a large megapixel camera from Canon won’t be coming until 2014. This coincides with information that Canon would be releasing 3 DSLRs in 2013 and none of them outside of the APC-S segment.
Prototype cameras with sensors beyond 40mp do exist and are in the hands of very exclusive testers. However, we’re also told that a few lenses in the lineup will need updating before a large megapixel camera hits the market for Canon. No specific lens was mentioned, but I would imagine a full frame ultra wide zoom is one of those lenses.
From the same source as above, 4 new EF lenses will be coming in 2013.
Canon’s announcement date for a new EOS-1 may be dependant on when Nikon announces the rumoured 36mp D4x, Nikon cannot have two such cameras on the market while Canon remains quiet in my opinion.
EOS 5D X?

A faster update? One suggestion from a known source is that Canon has loose plans to replace and/or update the EOS 5D Mark III quicker than the previous iterations. Could we see one some time in 2014? I would think a direct replacement would be unlikely, however a small, high performance & higher megapixel DSLR would probably have a place in the market.
*Notice how I didn’t say “EOS-3D :)”
cr

Jesse:
Gimme my 45mm TS-E L !!!

heptagon:
Let me re-phrase that: [CR2] No big megapixel or new sensor in 2013.

candyman:

--- Quote from: Canon Rumors on February 07, 2013, 02:47:42 AM ---
A faster update? One suggestion from a known source is that Canon has loose plans to replace and/or update the EOS 5D Mark III quicker than the previous iterations. Could we see one some time in 2014? I would think a direct replacement would be unlikely, however a small, high performance & higher megapixel DSLR would probably have a place in the market.

--- End quote ---

I understand that at one point there will be a replacement for the 5D MKIII. It doesn't bother me that it will come faster than in previous cycle. The 5D MKIII is a GREAT camera that has at least a  lifecycle of 5 years. I am not in the professional league that may require latest technology to get the job done. EDIT: I am sure that professionals also not always require the latest technology to get the job done  ;)

Apop:
quite interesting, do you guys think they started development after the d800 was announced ( or they found out some months prior to it's release).

I would have expected canon to ''rush'' it and try to release one mid/late 2013.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version