Rumors > Lenses

Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II "Fix"

(1/7) > >>

aaronh:
Hey guys and gals,

I am one of those who doesn't really like the attention that my 70-200 2.8L IS II can bring. I got creative with some gaffer's tape and fixed my "problem"!

I know I may receive some flak from those who would see this as the equivalent of a putting bumper sticker on a Ferrari, but for me, I suits my needs quite well and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!  :D

sagittariansrock:
Where did you buy the tape? I heard the regular one from B&H leaves residues.

aaronh:
I actually don't remember where I got it but (edit: I got it on Amazon: JVCC Premium Grade Gaffer's Tape). I did some research and I've heard both ways. I did a test where I put a small piece on the bottom for a few weeks and it came off quite easily with no residue. I'm sure if it does leave residue I can carefully get it off with goo gone or something...

Drizzt321:
If it gets really hot for a while and is left on for weeks or months, it might leave some residue. Not sure how much, if any, as I haven't done this before. Interesting thought, and probably easier to remove than any of those lens wraps that you can buy.

neuroanatomist:
You forgot to stencil "AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II" on your black lens.   :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version