Gear Talk > Reviews

Why I Chose a Canon EOS 6D over a 5D MKIII

(1/42) > >>

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
Many of you know that I recently acquired a Canon 6D, and I have been asked by multiple posters both in the forum and by email to give my reasons why I made the decision I did.  I have wasted far too much time doing just that today  ;D

Here is the link to my website where I shared my findings:  http://www.dustinabbott.net/2013/02/why-i-chose-a-canon-eos-6d-over-a-5d-mkiii/

Also, if any of you are interested in adapting old M42 lens to the new 6D, here are my findings with my little kit of vintage glass:  http://www.dustinabbott.net/2013/02/the-new-canon-eos-6d-and-classic-m42-lens/

Disclaimer:  I have no intention of starting a flame war.  I believe that the 5D MK3 is overall the better camera and I intend to upgrade my MK2 to a MK3 down the road.  I came to the conclusions that I share for myself and felt those conclusions and hands on experiences might help others making a similar type decision.

titokane:
I have a 6D and a 5D2 in my kit right now as well. The photo quality on the 6D constantly astounds me, especially the noise performance like you mentioned on your site. It's also worth mentioning that the 6D has a much softer shutter sound than the 5D series. For a lot of people, the reduced shutter sound is very beneficial when shooting in quieter situations where you don't want to be a distraction.

Menace:
Hey, what matters is that you are happy with your choice and the 6d does what you need it for.

Happy shooting :)

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: Menace on February 08, 2013, 03:25:38 PM ---Hey, what matters is that you are happy with your choice and the 6d does what you need it for.

Happy shooting :)

--- End quote ---

Absolutely.  But I also know that a lot of people like to know other people's opinions before investing their cash.  I've simply offered mine.

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: titokane on February 08, 2013, 03:25:27 PM ---I have a 6D and a 5D2 in my kit right now as well. The photo quality on the 6D constantly astounds me, especially the noise performance like you mentioned on your site. It's also worth mentioning that the 6D has a much softer shutter sound than the 5D series. For a lot of people, the reduced shutter sound is very beneficial when shooting in quieter situations where you don't want to be a distraction.

--- End quote ---

The point about the silent shutter is a good one, and one that I neglected to share.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version