Gear Talk > Reviews

Why I Chose a Canon EOS 6D over a 5D MKIII

<< < (2/42) > >>

bseitz234:
Wonderful review, Dustin. Thanks so much for taking the time to write up your thoughts! Much appreciated!!

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: bseitz234 on February 08, 2013, 04:05:25 PM ---Wonderful review, Dustin. Thanks so much for taking the time to write up your thoughts! Much appreciated!!

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I am a writer, so it seems like a worthy blend of some of my talents.  I haven't quite gotten to the place where manufacturers are sending my samples to test.  Now that would be fun  ;D

kbmelb:
The 6D sounds like a great camera and that is a great review, but I prefer the 5D3 for the AF points, larger body, dual cards, multi controller joystick (especially on the grip) and most ergonomics in general.

As far as the center focal point, I can't remember the last time I used the center focal point. The 5D3 with all the those cross types spread out is really sweet.

There's really only one thing I'm envious of on the 6D and that is built in wifi. I have to use and Eye-Fi card for that.
I've never really run into a situation where the 1/2 DR would have made a difference. Therefore the banding issues of the 5D3 aren't an issue either. During test I do know the banding is considerably better than the 5D2.

Dylan777:
Without reading your review, the number one reason people pick 6D over 5D III is the PRICE TAG.

Samething for Tammy 24-70 f2.8 VC over Canon f2.8 II

toodamnice:
Thanks very much for your review Dustin!

I am a storm chaser and I just upgraded from 2 550Ds to a 6D and a 550D for lightning/backup work. I have done some basic tests and have found the 6D IQ to be astounding. I tested at iso1250 and f8 on a dark, low contrast sky. I was amazed by the low noise and how well it cleaned up in post without losing any detail. I cannot wait to use this camera on chases. I will be using my new EF 16-35 f2.8 II and EF 50 f1.4 lenses with the 6D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version