April 17, 2014, 11:49:46 AM

Author Topic: "The Girl From The Attic" Nude study with 5DMKIII  (Read 5082 times)

WLaputka

• PowerShot G16
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Laputka Films
"The Girl From The Attic" Nude study with 5DMKIII
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »
Recently finished a nude study with the MKIII. Samples are below. Full project can be viewed here: http://lkfilms.com/?portfolio-page=the-girl-in-the-attic Please NOTE: This project does contain nudity.

Lenses: 28-70 2.8, 100mm Macro.

Comments welcome :).

Thanks,

Woodruff

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:47:09 AM by WLaputka »
Laputka Films
LKFilms.com

canon rumors FORUM

"The Girl From The Attic" Nude study with 5DMKIII
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »

RustyTheGeek

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
Re: "The Woman From The Attic" Nude study with 5DMKIII
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
What?  No replies?  I was rather thought it was fun and interesting.  Sensual and fanciful.  Maybe even a little erotic but not distasteful or inappropriate.  So I say great work and many compliments to the fearless and beautiful lady in the images.  It looks like she is very comfortable with her body and expressing confidence in the same.  The images are also an expression and appear to be well done, effective and consistent in their execution.  Love to hear more about the behind the scenes when you made them.  Is the lady a model, friend, girlfriend or spouse?  What was your or the ladies' inspiration?  How did you procure the location?  Any assistants?  Thank you for sharing!!
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

V8Beast

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:44:55 PM »
Phenomenal lighting, especially in the black and whites. Very well done!

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:49:13 AM »
I haven't clicked on the link, but the second pictures here is just fantastic.

WLaputka

• PowerShot G16
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Laputka Films
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »
What?  No replies?  I was rather thought it was fun and interesting.  Sensual and fanciful.  Maybe even a little erotic but not distasteful or inappropriate.  So I say great work and many compliments to the fearless and beautiful lady in the images.  It looks like she is very comfortable with her body and expressing confidence in the same.  The images are also an expression and appear to be well done, effective and consistent in their execution.  Love to hear more about the behind the scenes when you made them.  Is the lady a model, friend, girlfriend or spouse?  What was your or the ladies' inspiration?  How did you procure the location?  Any assistants?  Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks for the compliments, Rusty. The model's name is Isabel Gonzalez, out of Orlando, FL. The house is located in DeLand, FL, some 40 minutes north of Orlando, and is sort of in a limbo state. Its a historic mansion that was left to decay, found by a preservation group and now has a new roof, foundation, but not much else and they don't have the money to do anything with it. So, it just sits there looking awesome. Really the project was inspired by a combo of both seeing the house for the first time a week prior and my impressions from meeting Isabel for the first time, also a week prior. For the shoot itself, it was just myself and Isabel. I rarely work with assistants.

Phenomenal lighting, especially in the black and whites. Very well done!

Thanks V8 :)

I haven't clicked on the link, but the second pictures here is just fantastic.

Thanks Hobby. Hope you enjoy the rest of the project!

What?  No replies?

I'd only comment on an image if asked for....   

Costello, I noted this and made a modification to the post, just for you :).

Thanks for the interest.

Woodruff
Laputka Films
LKFilms.com

tphillips63

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »
I like them all too but the black and white's are my favorites.  Followed by 9. 18. 19 and 20.
Well then there is number 10!  ;D
EOS 5D Mk III | EF 16-35/2.8L  | EF 24-105/4L IS | EF 70-200/2.8L II IS | TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 40/f2.8 P | EF 50/1.2L | EF 180/3.5L | 600EX RT |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »

Faxon

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »
This lighting is tough. Please tell me what you did besides use natural light, if anything.  As a tv news photographer who constantly has to fight light, I am interested. For me, shade is my best friend, as long as there is no sun in the background.
I think the house was more interesting than the model, actually, and I like pretty girls. So that says a lot for the house.

WLaputka

• PowerShot G16
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Laputka Films
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
I like them all too but the black and white's are my favorites.  Followed by 9. 18. 19 and 20.
Well then there is number 10!  ;D

Thanks Phillips. Glad you like them :).

This lighting is tough. Please tell me what you did besides use natural light, if anything.  As a tv news photographer who constantly has to fight light, I am interested. For me, shade is my best friend, as long as there is no sun in the background.
I think the house was more interesting than the model, actually, and I like pretty girls. So that says a lot for the house.

Faxon, thanks for your interest. We actually worked off of nat-light the whole time. I did bring a small VidPro with me, but didn't really need it. ISO varied depending on the room, and it was later in the day, plus partly cloudy and the sun was passing through some trees outside of the windows. I'll typically work with nat-light though over artificial.                                                             
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:15:10 PM by WLaputka »
Laputka Films
LKFilms.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »