September 01, 2014, 10:49:10 AM

Author Topic: Request advice for quality home portrait lighting in tight space...  (Read 2744 times)

DCM1024

Re: Request advice for quality home portrait lighting in tight space...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »
I love my D-Lite 4 IT kit, which includes manfrotto stands, soft boxes and the skyport transmitter/receivers (no need to buy pocket wizards. The studio that I rent on occasion liked my elinchrom kit so much that they added the same.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
Hi,

I would like to step up my portrait photography - and maybe even have a little home photography business.

I have a limited space (my living room - about 20 square meters) and would like to purchase quality, small, lighting for portraits. The whole setup needs to be totally collapsible, and easy to setup /dismantle - so I can pull it out, do my thing, and put it away. I was thinking of LEDS on stands ? Can anyone guide me here to some kind of kit ?
Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/906651-REG/Elinchrom_EL_20852KIT_D_LITE_RX_4_400w.html

this is the best value for money proffessional grade kit you can get
APS-H Fanboy

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
It's hard to go worng with AlienBees....
b&
+1  Solid flashes
Another +1 for AB's. They're extraordinary value. http://www.paulcbuff.com/alienbees.php

-PW

jonathan7007

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »
You will need eggcrate modifiers in small spaces because light bouncing around will reduce the effect you are trying to create.

I use two Cheetah Boxes 24x24 and the eggcrate (soft, foldable) comes with the unit. Bigger boxes are available with eggcrate, too. Look at the Fotodiox units, availalbe from Amazon or directly. 24 can be too small for portraits that include more of the body.

Buy simple muslins and black cloth, too, for light control.

jonathan7007

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »