September 20, 2014, 06:35:06 AM

Author Topic: How bad is moire?  (Read 5922 times)

Policar

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: How bad is moire?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »
For whatever reason the lack of two dials never really bugged me, but for stills I could see it being annoying. I guess all these cameras are so inexpensive that a few hundreds dollars here or there doesn't really detract from the fantastic bang for the buck.

Fwiw, if you haven't invested in lenses yet and want to shoot video exclusively, consider the GH3. The image quality seems to be a lot better and it's way cheaper than the 6D and 5D III. Though the full frame look can be cool and the EOS system is fun. Canon has nice interfaces, too.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »

paul13walnut5

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »
The big thing against the GH3 for me is the choice of lenses.  I know you can adapt, I guess I'm just a bit wary.

Policar

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 11:45:17 AM »
The big thing against the GH3 for me is the choice of lenses.  I know you can adapt, I guess I'm just a bit wary.

Agree 100%. There are ways around it (the 12-35mm zoom, some of the expensive fast lenses, hopefully the speedbooster will be a good option), but the m43 sensor size is not ideal for video. FF and super35 are much better.

But if I were starting off and wanted a video camera kit (dSLR style) under $3,000 with lenses I'd still get the GH3. The GH2 really impressed me and this looks even better.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
agreed the footage looks great, I read a head to head 'for video' review that also confirmed the GH3 footage was technically better, the reviewer still said they would choose the T3i as an overall systemic camera package.

Policar

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 02:26:53 PM »
For stills, sure. But if it's a video-only investment I'd pick otherwise. It's all personal opinion, of course, but even the GH2 has WAY better image quality (when hacked) than the t3i does.

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »
I know this probably sounds like a minor quibble, but I can't stand that I have to hold down a button with my thumb while turning a dial to change my f/stop on the T3i. To me it is worth the extra cash just to get the better form of the 60D body.

Same here, I'd never want to use a camera body w/o back wheel since I often change exposure compensation and currently try to shoot full m more often - both a pita on a Rebel-style camera.

Yeah the non-Rebel Canon UI is so much more friendly to use. I love the UI on the xxD,7x,5x and now startign with 1DX 1 series UI a ton, way more than Rebel or Nikon UI.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »