Gear Talk > Software & Accessories

Topaz DeNoise or other plugin

(1/4) > >>

rpt:
Hi,

I find myself shooting a fair amount of photos at and above 8000 ISO. I have been using LR4 to clean the noise but I feel I need a better solution. I saw the demos on the Topaz site and was impressed. I recall Jrista mentioning this plugin. What do you people suggest? Are there other plugins I should look into? Btw, I have a Windows setup so Mac only options are out  :(

Another thing to consider is that Topaz has a host of plugins that I like. So if I like the DeNoise, I might buy the pack. So if you are suggesting some other company's noise removal tool, I would like to know if they have other plugins that you use.

Thanks in advance.

wickidwombat:

--- Quote from: rpt on February 10, 2013, 09:30:50 PM ---Hi,

I find myself shooting a fair amount of photos at and above 8000 ISO. I have been using LR4 to clean the noise but I feel I need a better solution. I saw the demos on the Topaz site and was impressed. I recall Jrista mentioning this plugin. What do you people suggest? Are there other plugins I should look into? Btw, I have a Windows setup so Mac only options are out  :(

Another thing to consider is that Topaz has a host of plugins that I like. So if I like the DeNoise, I might buy the pack. So if you are suggesting some other company's noise removal tool, I would like to know if they have other plugins that you use.

Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

I have the topaz suite
its got some usefull stuff the B+W effects is really good too

Adjust can be handy for certain things
And Remask is realy good for complex masking jobs

I used to use denoise alot but to use the plugin in LR it creates a copy of the file which is annoying and also I have found on the 5Dmk3 LR4 actually does better with the base NR
Denoise is cool in that you can apply different degrees of NR to the Shadows midtones and highlights
it also has a way to accomodate pattern noise however i have not been successfull using this effectively

I would suggest downloading the 30 day free trial firat and trying it
if you do buy it I think the STUCKINCUSTOMS discount code still works giving a 20% discount

Brand B:
Might look at DFine and Nik Software's pack too.  I am getting some decent results with it.  I really like their B&W conversion plugin Silver Efex.  Only has a 14 day trial though.

Northstar:

--- Quote from: Brand B on February 11, 2013, 05:58:48 AM ---Might look at DFine and Nik Software's pack too.  I am getting some decent results with it.  I really like their B&W conversion plugin Silver Efex.  Only has a 14 day trial though.

--- End quote ---

I agree on Nik software and Dfine....works well.

K-amps:
I have both... use both for different kinds of noise.

To Take the edge off.... I use Dfine.

To eliminate, I use Topaz

For Portraits where fine detail is not such an issue, I do some of it in LR also.... I never use the CS noise filter... it makes things worse sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version