July 31, 2014, 11:05:01 AM

Author Topic: Transmission tower  (Read 3787 times)

Hobby Shooter

Re: Transmission tower
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »
I know you didn't ask for feedback... but... I can't help myself.  ;)

This is never an image I would have thought to capture. I generally find large towers and power lines to be a distraction in a landscape photo, rather than the subject of one. But I can't stop looking at this. It may be the composition, or it may be what you did to it in post- the surreal colors are intriguing, for sure- but I am really enjoying this one. Kudos!
I also like it very much, from the colours to the composition and the light. Great stuff. I am trying myself to learn more techniques on how to get those artistic colours.

As of taking pictures in the wrong places, well sounds difficult to be in America. I am by the way always extra careful when in US in any situation that would mean interaction with the law enforcement. For us Europeans we're not used to the sometimes edgy behavior they sometimes display. But I got to say that at least the immigration people has gotten nicer the last few years.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »

bbb34

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
Just found a reasonable one in my collection. Comment if you like.

niteclicks

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »
I have one, while not the same, it is a favorite of mine and I think the towers make the photo because they add scale.

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
A person locally tried photographing Electrical Towers and was promptly arrested and tossed in prison, the Police told him it was illegal, and when he disagreed, they arrested him.
Later, the city paid out $$$ to settle a lawsuit, but he still has a arrest record, and even worse, the Mayor of the small town is defending the arrest and it sounds like he would support doing it again.

Wild guess: murica or uk 8)

You guess wrong. BTW, I was wrong,  It was a woman, not a man.  It was in Snohomish, Washington, a little NorthEast of Seattle.  A different woman was arrested for photographing the Ballard Locks a year or two before that, and also got $$$$.  That was even more stupid, its a tourist attraction, I've taken dozens of photos there, and private yatchs go thru the locks dozens at a time with cameras everywhere.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Snohomish-settles-with-UW-prof-arrested-for-1304386.php

That's a shame, as a person born and brought up in India I always used to envy the freedom the American citizens enjoyed but over the last 12 years or so I see things have changed and from what I read and watch in news papers and TV, it seems like there is a lot of suspicion ... but I suppose that's pretty much the same in quite a few countries these days. I hope the world does not come to a state where we need to take permission slips for photographing famous monuments.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

CCY020

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for my very late reaction !  :-[

I'm from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. There's no law that forbids you to take these photo's. Except from towers that are put on private property, in that case you could be arrested for trespassing.

Now the funny thing is, these towers are located at the fields of some farmers (private property), but I was standing between the 2 farms on a bycicle path...so that's a public road, nothing to be afraid of luckily.

Regarding safety, nowadays there still people having their houses below a 220/380KV tower, but the goverment is offering them money to move or buy another house..so thats good news.

Thanks for all the compliments guys !
Cheers !

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »