So what do you think? Will it fit my needs, will it be a good upgrade for the cost? or should I hold off and see what happens to the price of the 7D, if a 7DMII is announced in the next couple of months?
Thanks, here's a small sample of some of the photos I take if that helps.
I think that seems like a reasonable choice. Your emphasis on glass is the right one. If you go full frame, you start several hundred dollars behind (even if you get a used 5DII) and you also need to find yourself a kit lens. So then you start close to $1000- behind, just to replicate your existing setup.
You could possibly save a little by going to an XXD series body, but then you'd lose the AF performance and possibly AFMA (depending on which body you use). Though for your current glass selection that's really a moot point. But overall I'd say don't go higher than the 7D for a body given your budget.
There are a bunch of obvious upgrade possibilities that would probably get you further than upgrading the body (from a 7D that is) -- upgrade the kit lens (either a 15-85mm IS, or a third party f / 2 . 8 zoom ) add a faster lens (e.g. 50mm f/1.4 or an 85mm) for portraits, and a decent tripod for the landscape photos, upgrade the telephoto lens (the possibilities here are endless ... ). Full frame wouldn't hurt but glass will help more (and hold its value much better than a body)