Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Stills

Is it okay to get 1Ds mark ii

(1/5) > >>

al-toidz photography:
I want to move from aps-c sensor to fullframe. However, I don't have the cash to spend a whole lot of money on camera body as my priority is buying lens. I have a canon 60D and thinking about selling it and getting a 1Ds mark ii and/or 1D mark iii. I know their limitations in terms of ISO performance but I will primarily be using the camera for portraits with and without off camera flashes. Feedbacks are much appreciated.

Mt Spokane Photography:
The 1DS MK II is a great camera.  However, it requires a firewire connection to access some user settings, has a small lcd, no liveview, and a few other things.
The 1D MK III is not FF.
I'd recommend a 5D MK II as being fairly up to date, and a great camera.

DArora:
Why not 5D2 OR 6D??

al-toidz photography:
5D2 is a great camera but I want the ergonomics of 1D series. I know its weird and there is a lot more to it more than just the ergonomics. I had the chance to shoot with 5D mark 2 and 3 and honestly its overkill. Plus the 1Ds mark ii that I'm about to get has only 8000 shutter count for only $700. That's a deal right?

wickidwombat:

--- Quote from: al-toidz photography on February 13, 2013, 12:22:20 AM ---5D2 is a great camera but I want the ergonomics of 1D series. I know its weird and there is a lot more to it more than just the ergonomics. I had the chance to shoot with 5D mark 2 and 3 and honestly its overkill. Plus the 1Ds mark ii that I'm about to get has only 8000 shutter count for only $700. That's a deal right?

--- End quote ---

thats not a bad deal
the other thing with these is the batteries are old NiMH batteries not new gen Lithium ones
so their life will most likely be negligable you might have to budget purchasing new batteries
problem is its not easy to test the batteries without having the camera in your possession for an extended period of time

it will still produce great images and has a first class AF system

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version