September 03, 2014, 03:59:06 AM

Author Topic: Canon 7D or ..  (Read 1109 times)

PankilDesai

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Canon 7D or ..
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to buy a Canon 7D. I currently own a 3 year old 500D and want to upgrade now.  My main area of interest is Bird Photography. I had nearly finalized on going ahead with  7D until I  came across a discussion where everyone is not really happy with 7D.  Now I am confused.  Is it good to wait till 21st March for Canon announcements? are there any better suggestion other than 7D? Can 60D be good option or a 6D?

I am not full time Photographer. It started as a hobby in college days and now its just weekends. 

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 7D or ..
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 7D or ..
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »
I suppose I'd wait two weeks, just to see what the feature set of a 70D (if that's what's announced) looks like. 

But as for, 'everyone is not really happy with 7D', sorry but that doesn't make sense.  Well, it does in the sense that not everyone is ever happy with any particular product.  People like to complain.  But for bird photography, the 7D is one of the best cameras available, and it's the best camera in it's price range.  AFAIK, the only better options for shooting birds are a 1D-series body or a 5DIII, and in both cases you'd ideally want to pair such a body with a lens longer than 400mm. 

I've got a set of bird shots on my Flickr stream, and while a few of the recent ones are shot with a 1D X and 600/4L IS II, most of the images are from a 7D + 100-400L.  For $2700, that's an excellent value and a kit that's ideal for bird photography. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Canon 7D or ..
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »