Gear Talk > Lenses

Sigma 35 or 135L??

(1/5) > >>

Zv:
Hey guys, I always get great advice on CR and I feel like I learn so much every time I'm on here! Anyways, down to biznass -

I'm going to be shooting a wedding in May. My first paid job really. I am thinking wether or not to buy another good prime lens to add to my kit.

I think I'll shoot most of the wedding with the zooms I have. But for some artistic shots and some particular shots after the wedding I'm thinking shallow dof stuff maybe outdoors. I actually want both these lenses but I have a feeling I'm just being silly.

My question is this - If you had to pick one, which would you say would prove more useful for wedding / portraits? Bare in mind I can acheive 35mm f/4 and 135 f/4 with what I have.

I'm leaning towards the 35 as I think in tight spaces and indoors it will come in handy (seems a lot of events end up in poorly lit places). Also I need a wide fast prime, got nothing fast that end.

Is this wise thinking or should I just man up and buy both?

Thank you in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!!

RLPhoto:
I'm more of a tele-guy so I'd say 135L but the 35mm will get used more.

macrodust:
According to your signature you have the 85mm f/1.8, so the 35mm f/1.4 sounds like the right choice.

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: macrodust on February 15, 2013, 01:05:23 PM ---According to your signature you have the 85mm f/1.8, so the 35mm f/1.4 sounds like the right choice.

--- End quote ---

+1.  I love the 135L and if it were just head to head, I would say that 135L.  But considering that you have the 85 you have about 80% of the 135L.  The Sigma will be a very handy lens, and is my next lens purchase.

Quasimodo:

--- Quote from: Zv on February 15, 2013, 11:59:37 AM ---Hey guys, I always get great advice on CR and I feel like I learn so much every time I'm on here! Anyways, down to biznass -

I'm going to be shooting a wedding in May. My first paid job really. I am thinking wether or not to buy another good prime lens to add to my kit.

I think I'll shoot most of the wedding with the zooms I have. But for some artistic shots and some particular shots after the wedding I'm thinking shallow dof stuff maybe outdoors. I actually want both these lenses but I have a feeling I'm just being silly.

My question is this - If you had to pick one, which would you say would prove more useful for wedding / portraits? Bare in mind I can acheive 35mm f/4 and 135 f/4 with what I have.

I'm leaning towards the 35 as I think in tight spaces and indoors it will come in handy (seems a lot of events end up in poorly lit places). Also I need a wide fast prime, got nothing fast that end.

Is this wise thinking or should I just man up and buy both?

Thank you in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!!

--- End quote ---

135!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version