April 17, 2014, 05:53:04 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List [CR2]  (Read 56269 times)

K3nt

• EOS M2
  • "No good photo goes unnoticed!"
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
Re: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List [CR2]
« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2013, 03:00:34 AM »
Esp. with the crop mode from aps-c the 24mp d7100 will be a budget sports/wildlife shooter's dream, looking at Canon's latest innovations I somehow doubt that they'll put something equivalent in the 7d2 but more likely they'll try keep selling their tele lenses :-o

I would hardly call 6fps or 7fps a sports shooter's dream. Nice, but hardly dream material, even if you are on a budget.

If the 7D Mark II can really do 10fps then that would be great.

6 is good in the sticks~

8 is great~

10 and Ben Roethlisberger is your focus~

12 and you get to delve into the land of sports MF~

14 FPS is just plain obscene~

+10.000 for the '14 is obscene' comment.  ;) I saw a guy shooting a 1D-X at a local sports event at 14fps and HOLY CR*P! The sound of the shutter was insane! :) My 7D sounded like an arthritic in comparison and it is no slouch.  ;D
Flickr

Canon EOS 7D * 10-22mm EF-S * 50mm f/1.4 * 70-20mm f/2.8L IS USM MkII * Nissin 866Di MkII * 430EXII + accessories

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #285 on: February 21, 2013, 03:00:34 AM »

Hillsilly

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 21, 2013, 03:29:30 AM »
Hey Canon......

I guess I'm learning it the hard way...  ;D

Sorry, just having some fun.  Realistically, with Canon being such a big company I'd be surprised if there weren't employees looking at forums like this to get ideas and feedback.  But Given that we're already invested in the Canon system, they know they don't have to do anything too special to please us.  They just have to make it unattractive to change brands.  To paraphrase Edward de Bono, Canon don't need to make the best cameras in the world to please their existing customers.  They just need to make cameras that aren't significantly worse than Nikon or Sony.
1000FN | 7E | 3000 | 3 | LS-100TS

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2013, 06:39:44 AM »
D7100 in the mix: -- let's take a quick first look -- the ...--100% pentamirror viewfinder...

Are you sure about that?  Pentamirrors are cheaper (which is why they're used in the Rebel/xxxD line) and dimmer than the preferable pentaprisms.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

garyknrd

• Rebel T5i
  • Birding
    • View Profile
    • Bird photography
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
Hey Canon......

I guess I'm learning it the hard way...  ;D

Sorry, just having some fun.  Realistically, with Canon being such a big company I'd be surprised if there weren't employees looking at forums like this to get ideas and feedback.  But Given that we're already invested in the Canon system, they know they don't have to do anything too special to please us.  They just have to make it unattractive to change brands.  To paraphrase Edward de Bono, Canon don't need to make the best cameras in the world to please their existing customers.  They just need to make cameras that aren't significantly worse than Nikon or Sony.

LOL,, that is true.
Live between Thailand and Texas, USA

bseitz234

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • BrianSeitzPhoto
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »
Love the ironies...

And its so ironic, too...we bitch about having AA filters....they bitch about NOT having them. We bitch about having too many fps...they bitch about none of their cameras competing with the 7D line.

Ah, the ironies. SO MANY IRONIES!

in terms of price, FPS, the 7100 seems more on-par with an x0D than a 7d. Especially if it's a pentamirror VF instead of a pentaprism... which as neuro pointed out, is more xx0 than x0. Higher MP, sure, but that's what Nikon's all about, isn't it? I feel like this doesn't put that much pressure on an upcoming 7d2
7D x2
70-200 f/2.8L - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 85 f/1.8 - 50 f/1.4 - 28 f/1.8
580ex II - 2x 430ex II

tcmatthews

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2013, 08:03:58 AM »
The body is made of magnesium.

Air has a permeability of 1.000 000 37
Magnesium has a permiability of 1.000 12
Steel and iron are around 100
Mu-Metal, used for electromagnet shielding, is around 20,000 to 50,000

Think of permeability as the materials ability to react to (attenuate) radio signals.

In other words, the magnesium body is  for all practical purposes, transparent to electromagnetic waves (radio)..... and even if it wasn't, there are dozens of holes through the metal shell.

It has been a long time sense I took electrodynamics courses in collage but this just did not sound right.  This is true for the magnetic quality but magnesium is still conductive.  Air is not.   In fact aluminum is used for EMI shielding all the time and it has a permeability of 1.000021.  This is greatly dependent on frequency at 2.4 Ghz the penetration of electromagnetic waves or skin depth of magnesium is only around 5.7 micro-meter.  I would say that you will need a RF window for any wireless to work.  I imagine that 800 Mhz  would just go right through it. But we are talking wireless so that is 2.4 Ghz or higher.   Just because something is not magnetic does not mean that it is a poor at EMI shielding. 

If you do not want to take my word for it I found a like to a company that makes magnesium alloy casting touting EMI shielding as one of the advantages.  It is named Wellcharter.  The site will not let me post the link here.
6D, 60D, Rebel XS, EF-S 15-85,  EF 70-200f4L, EF 100f2.8L,  Tamron 70-300VC,  Tamaron 28-75f2.8,   EF 40f2.8,  EF 50f1.8, EF 85f1.8, EF 24mmf2.8IS  EOS M 22f2, 18-55, EOS M-EF adapter, Nex6,  SEL50f18,  SEL1018,  DN 30f2.8, adpaters and Fd and M42 lens.

Fr3lncr

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
Comparing the 7100 specs against the rumoured specs of the 7DMKII, Nikon will have to release something a little bit higher because as it stands, the 7DMKII will beat it on all specs.

Since the price difference is estimated to be $1,000, and looking at the specs, the 7100 has got to be just competition for the 70D.

But since Nikon showed their cards first, I bet they wont show the D400 until after the 7DMKII is out so they can try and trump Canon.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »

Think of permeability as the materials ability to react to (attenuate) radio signals.

In other words, the magnesium body is  for all practical purposes, transparent to electromagnetic waves (radio)..... and even if it wasn't, there are dozens of holes through the metal shell.

It has been a long time sense I took electrodynamics courses in collage but this just did not sound right.  This is true for the magnetic quality but magnesium is still conductive.  Air is not.   In fact aluminum is used for EMI shielding all the time and it has a permeability of 1.000021.  This is greatly dependent on frequency at 2.4 Ghz the penetration of electromagnetic waves or skin depth of magnesium is only around 5.7 micro-meter.  I would say that you will need a RF window for any wireless to work.  I imagine that 800 Mhz  would just go right through it. But we are talking wireless so that is 2.4 Ghz or higher.   Just because something is not magnetic does not mean that it is a poor at EMI shielding.

If you do not want to take my word for it I found a like to a company that makes magnesium alloy casting touting EMI shielding as one of the advantages.  It is named Wellcharter.  The site will not let me post the link here.

This kinda rings true with me: I don't think Canon would have used a plastic top plate on a $2000 camera unless there was a good reason for it.

RustyTheGeek

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:18 AM »
EMI/RFI Shielding has little to do with permeability that is being discussed.  I worked in a lab a long time ago that used simple screen mesh (like on a screen door) for shielding an entire small room.  It was well GROUNDED.  And only a specific range of frequencies were being attenuated.  (You can only minimize the signal to a lower level, you don't actually block it entirely.)  You can even shield (attenuate or minimize) with a thin coating of special paint or foil tape.  It all depends on the frequency range and power levels in question.  Radio frequency engineering is a complex subject.  You see simple shielding all the time.  Inside your laptop or cell phone.  Inside your microwave oven door.  The grounded door mesh completes a simple Faraday Cage and along with the metal box, it shields you from the microwaves inside.  It works well because it is engineered for those specific frequencies and the fixed orientation of the radio wave emission.

Bottom Line is that if an EMI/RFI Engineer wants to use plastic instead of metal regardless of permeability, I'm not going to question the design because I want to assume they did a little testing and determined that to be the best solution.  Even if a metal enclosure passes the signal, the effective range will likely still be better with a non metal enclosure.
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
Love the ironies...

And its so ironic, too...we bitch about having AA filters....they bitch about NOT having them. We bitch about having too many fps...they bitch about none of their cameras competing with the 7D line.

Ah, the ironies. SO MANY IRONIES!

in terms of price, FPS, the 7100 seems more on-par with an x0D than a 7d. Especially if it's a pentamirror VF instead of a pentaprism... which as neuro pointed out, is more xx0 than x0. Higher MP, sure, but that's what Nikon's all about, isn't it? I feel like this doesn't put that much pressure on an upcoming 7d2

How come it's pentamirror,it says pentaprism on Nikon official website
http://www.nikon.com.au/en_AU/product_details.page?DCRPath=templatedata/en_AU/saleable_product_information/data/Digital%20SLR%20Cameras/D7100.xml&currentProductTab=3&CategoryID=gp11zkm9

So you guys believe the future X0D will have 100% VF, two SD slots, similar AF from flagship model, 1080i 60??

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »
How come it's pentamirror,it says pentaprism on Nikon official website

Thanks, that makes more sense (and is why I questioned the person who posted that it was a pentamirror).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »

This kinda rings true with me: I don't think Canon would have used a plastic top plate on a $2000 camera unless there was a good reason for it.

My mistake! I was thinking magnetic shielding...

Pure magnesium is a relativly poor blocker of RF, but some of the alloys are quite good... and the Canon bodies are a magnesium alloy....

Once again... OOPS!!!
The best camera is the one in your hands

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:02 AM »
D7100 in the mix: -- let's take a quick first look -- the ...--100% pentamirror viewfinder...

Are you sure about that?  Pentamirrors are cheaper (which is why they're used in the Rebel/xxxD line) and dimmer than the preferable pentaprisms.

Of course its a Pentaprism Viewfinder ... as in the predecessors of their upper-,iod-level DSLRs .. all the way back to the D70/D80/D90/D7000.

Source
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-d7100/2
and also Nikon themselves: http://www.nikon.de/de_DE/product/digital-cameras/slr/consumer/d7100
just got the Nikon germany link quickly

As per Nikon Germany spec sheets, the D7100 VF appears to be unchanged from the D7000:
* Pentaprism
* Coverage 100 % (vertical and horizontal)
* Magnification approx. 0,94x (50mm-lens at f/1.4, focus infinite and –1,0 dpt
* eye point 19,5 mm @ –1,0 dpt
* Dioptre adapt -3 to +1 dpt

btw:  try to find such detailed product information on European Canon websites .. good luck!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:41:28 AM by AvTvM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:02 AM »

gecko

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »
Hope it has a 'direct print' button.
EOS 3, 7D, 5DII, EF 17-40 f4L, EF 100-400 f4-5.6L,  TS-E 24 f3.5 II, Zeiss 21.

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:36 AM »

of course it is...it costs 1100€

the real question is...the 70D will ba able to compete with this, feature wise or it will be another overpriced camera like 60D?
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2013, 05:59:36 AM »