April 24, 2014, 09:21:23 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List [CR2]  (Read 56912 times)

gjones5252

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List [CR2]
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »
Not sure why there is a lot of complaining. This camera sounds awesome! Not need for full frame. I have been waiting for an apsc camera to work well along side my 5d's. the spec list sounds great! Hope it sooner than later.

I wonder if the price is kit or body? My guess is its body. As long as they offer body option ill be happy I have no need for another kit lens.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »

Lawliet

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 12:26:42 PM »
Magic Lantern is no hack but original quality software that has been proven a lot during the last 1-2 years.

Neither the insurance company nor the client cares. Who takes the blame if something goes wrong?

Wilmark

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • Wilmark Johnatty Photography
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 12:33:28 PM »
"built like the 5D III"
NOT possible - as it will have a pop up flash, chances are if its got GPS and WiFi - a solid magnesium alloy body will hurt that.

Seems like same thrust just like the former 7D only improved to reflect contemporary expectations - Great Speed, Focus, Video Features and build only crappy IQ.

candyman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »

• 24.1mp APS-C Sensor
  • 10fps
  • Dual Memory Card Slots
  • 61 AF Points
  • ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
  • GPS & Wifi
And for 2100$ ?

No way! Looks like someones dreamlist.
As a 7D user I love to have this kind of upgrade but it seems unreal to me.

Why jump from 19 to 61 points? 19 is good. The combo of 24.1MP and 10fps is already impressive upgrade. Why GPS & WiFi? There are available solutions
5DIII  |  6D  |  16-35LII  |  24-70VC  |  24-105L  |  70-200 f/2.8L IS II  |  70-300L  |  135L  |  1.4exIII  |  GPS-E2

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 12:56:57 PM »
ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
I wanna see that  ::)

Me too. Saying it, aint doing it.

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 01:00:03 PM »
...Have a look at Thom Hogan's article entitled 'The Last Camera Syndrome'. We are getting there, if not there already.

Thanks for the recommendation. He's saying something that I've been seriously thinking about. Lots of people complain that recent upgrades are only marginal improvements, but that's kind of the point with technology isn't it. The first couple generations of DSLRs saw major improvements, but with each successive generation, the "real estate" available for improvement gets smaller and smaller.

I love my 7D. I believe I am a generation or two away from my "last 7D." But, I can see the end of the tunnel.

On the other hand if I were in the market for a full-frame body, the current 5DIII probably has everything I would ever want.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
You characters can argue till the cows come home... but I'd buy one with those specs and that price, and in the end, that's what matters to Canon. People will buy them.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »

jimjamesjimmy

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »
im not arguing with anyone, im just not gonna be called an idiot for asking a question.

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

cant i ask  why 6d  hasnt got the features the 7d has? if im paying more money for something that is supposedly above it in a camera range (going from 1-7, generally the cameras get better and more expensive) then surely i can ask why the 7d has so many more af points or a better body casing or a better iso performance etc etc

the people on here are seriously up themselves sometimes. im guesing that comes with the vast disposable incomes most seem to have.

You can ask anything you want.

Here are the answers: 

In the 6D you are paying for a full frame sensor, which is much more expensive to manufacture than an APS-C sensor. This has been discussed on this forum and on others many, many times. Canon even has a white paper on it.

Model numbers don't have to mean anything. There is no law that says that the order in which cameras are named makes one better than another. People get hung up on the numbers. What's the point? Who cares? Nobody even knows the model numbers except geeks anyway.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

mycanonphotos

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 01:13:52 PM »
After seeing this spec list, being an owner of the 5D3 and 7D.....I'll stick with what I have....only if the ISO is dramatically better then what it is now and only better than the 5D3 will I think about buying a new crop body in the 7DII.. not really intrested in the added AF..could care less about the GPS and WI-FI..my main concern is the sensor quality, dynamic range, ISO performance and zone metering...if its built like the 7D Im cool with that..perhaps put a better humb wheel in...

dtaylor

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
Canon cannot put the same AF-system like the 5D Mark III´s in an 7D Mark II for the mentioned price. So don´t expect it.

Canon could put the 1DX's AF system in every body they've got. The AF components are among the cheapest to manufacture. Like everyone else they use AF specs to segment the market, but the 1DX AF is not actually hundreds of dollars more to manufacture then the Rebel's AF.

Whether or not they will put the 5D3's AF in the 7D2 remains to be seen.

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
Whether or not they will put the 5D3's AF in the 7D2 remains to be seen.

Completely different size aps-c vs ff... but that is not necessarily a bad thing since it's probably easier to put a larger af point spread in a aps-c than a ff, so the 7d2 af might even have an edge for tracking across the whole frame.

cant i ask  why 6d  hasnt got the features the 7d has? if im paying more money for something that is supposedly above it in a camera range (going from 1-7, generally the cameras get better and more expensive) then surely i can ask why the 7d has so many more af points or a better body casing or a better iso performance etc etc

Except for the price of the ff sensor there is a decisive difference - the 6d has a big brother and Canon doesn't want to cannibalize their 5d3 sales, while the 7d2 will be the top of the aps-c line so Canon can put everything in it and people will still pay the price because aps-c and ff have different markets (sports/wildlife vs portrait/event). If and when the 70d arrives you'll see the the same feature-cut procedure of the 6d again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:20:04 PM by Marsu42 »

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »
im not arguing with anyone, im just not gonna be called an idiot for asking a question.
I thought yours was a good question.....

Features don't necessaraly go with the "pro-ness" of the body. They have to be released at some time..... it may end up being a case of  "from this time on the camerta gets x". For example, look at WiFi.... first on the T4i ( actually first on the p/s's...), then the 6D comes out with wifi.... and now it's a good bet that every body that comes out will have it.  As things trickle through the product life cycles, you end up with the interesting situation where low end cameras have it but the "pro" ones don't....

You can't think of FF and APS-C as being the same line of cameras.... FF starts with the 6D, then 5DIII, then the 1 series... Introductory, enthusiast, pro.   APS-C equivalent is the Rebels, 60D (70D?), and 7D(2?).... introductory, enthusiast, pro.  move up the line and sealing gets better, frame rate improves, and features improve.
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »

Rienzphotoz

• 1D X
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »
how can a 7d be professional, and a 6d be semi professional? the numbers literally dont add up!    surely a FF camera has to be better than an aps-c in terms of spec.  9 af points vs 61 is just crazy!!
Why not?
APS-H is not full frame, but it was considered a professional camera compared to a full frame like a 5D ... so it is possible to make an APS-C camera that can be considered a professional camera, especially for budget conscious sports photographers if the 7D II has 10 fps and all the other goodies that were mentioned.
Canon 5DMK3 70D G1X | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 24-70OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | Metabones EF adapter | GoPro Black 3+ | DJI Quadcopter | Manfrotto+Gorilap

Stewbyyy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Stuart Comerford Photography
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
A 1.6 crop sensor AND a 24mp image to crop into? Talk about reach... sounds too good to be true. If image quality is good, that is.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »