October 01, 2014, 09:05:34 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List [CR2]  (Read 67331 times)

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS 7D Mark II Spec List [CR2]
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
Hope it has a 'direct print' button.

canon.it

MIRINO

Tipo
Pentaspecchio

Copertura (verticale/orizzontale)
Circa 95%

Ingrandimento
Circa 0,80x¹

Campo visivo
Circa 21mm (from eyepiece lens center)

Correzione diottrie
Da -2,5 a +0,5 m-1 (diottrie)

Schermo di messa a fuoco
Fisso

Specchio
Metà specchio a ritorno rapido (trasmissione: rapporto di riflesso 40:60, no cut-off specchio con EF 600 mm f/4 o inf.)

Informazioni sul mirino
Informazioni AF: punti AF, luce conferma messa a fuoco
Informazioni esposizione: velocità otturatore, valore apertura, sensibilità ISO (sempre visualizzata), blocco AE, livello/compensazione esposizione, cerchio lettura spot, avviso esposizione, AEB
Informazioni flash: flash pronto, sinc. alta velocità, blocco FE, compensazione esposizione flash, luce riduzione occhi rossi
Informazioni sull'immagine: priorità toni chiari (D+), scatto monocromatico, velocità di scatto massima (indicazione a 1 cifra), correzione del bilanciamento del bianco, informazioni sulla scheda SD

Anteprima profondità di campo
Sì, assegnata al pulsante SET mediante la funzione C.Fn-8-5

Otturatore oculare
Su cinghia

per i moderatori:
ma questa specie di troll molesto non è ancora stato bandito da questo forum?
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »

bseitz234

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • BrianSeitzPhoto
« Reply #301 on: February 22, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »

per i moderatori:

c'è un moderatore che parla italiano?

New thought: AF-point linked spot metering. I was just rereading TDP's 1dx review, because I like to taunt myself like that. And I realized that's listed under "1dx advantages over 5d3". Any chance of the 7d2 getting this? I guess it comes back to giving a lower-numbered camera features that the higher-numbered, more expensive camera doesn't have, vs. pro-level / enthusiast level in the two separate lines (FF and APS-C). But for something so small, I can't help but think AF-point-linked spot metering would be really helpful for the kind of shooting people use these cameras for...
7D x2
70-200 f/2.8L - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 - 85 f/1.8 - 50 f/1.4 - 28 f/1.8
580ex II - 2x 430ex II

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #302 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
New thought: AF-point linked spot metering. I was just rereading TDP's 1dx review, because I like to taunt myself like that. And I realized that's listed under "1dx advantages over 5d3". Any chance of the 7d2 getting this?

I somehow doubt it because the reason why the 1dx has it and the 5d3 hasn't is the different metering system - so for the 7d2 with supposedly a more complex af system as the 7d Canon would also have to add another completely new metering system. Of course they could if they wanted to, but one the one hand it'd drive up the costs for sure.

bseitz234

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • BrianSeitzPhoto
« Reply #303 on: February 22, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
New thought: AF-point linked spot metering. I was just rereading TDP's 1dx review, because I like to taunt myself like that. And I realized that's listed under "1dx advantages over 5d3". Any chance of the 7d2 getting this?

I somehow doubt it because the reason why the 1dx has it and the 5d3 hasn't is the different metering system - so for the 7d2 with supposedly a more complex af system as the 7d Canon would also have to add another completely new metering system. Of course they could if they wanted to, but one the one hand it'd drive up the costs for sure.

Ah. Fair point. I assumed dedicated processor for AF, forgot the 1dx had one for AE. Too many letters...

oh well, I'll keep dreaming.
7D x2
70-200 f/2.8L - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 - 85 f/1.8 - 50 f/1.4 - 28 f/1.8
580ex II - 2x 430ex II

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2013, 04:20:07 AM »

per i moderatori:

c'è un moderatore che parla italiano?

of course not, but i wanted to use just italian for the entire message ;)
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
I know i am kinda late to the party but I keep trying to buy a 7D but keep stopping myself...The current 7D just doesn't out do my 1D Mark III so i guess i can't justify the regular 7D until I have gotten an upgrade. Why why why does this have to come out in the fall. I'd buy it right now like i bought the 5DM3 last March. Oh God I'd be so happy if they released it 2 weeks from now. Heres to unrealistic hope.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Etienne

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • Photography by Steve Brule
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2013, 12:03:25 PM »
I know i am kinda late to the party but I keep trying to buy a 7D but keep stopping myself...The current 7D just doesn't out do my 1D Mark III so i guess i can't justify the regular 7D until I have gotten an upgrade. Why why why does this have to come out in the fall. I'd buy it right now like i bought the 5DM3 last March. Oh God I'd be so happy if they released it 2 weeks from now. Heres to unrealistic hope.

Great quote comes to mind: "The best time to buy a new digital camera is when it's NEW."

I wouldn't buy a 60D, T4i, or 7D today. They will all be replaced soon.
Wait or buy a 6D, 5DIII, 1Dx etc.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2013, 12:03:25 PM »

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »

Great quote comes to mind: "The best time to buy a new digital camera is when it's NEW."

I would consider buying a 7D if the price on new units falls well below $1000.  It might, it might not.  I'll probably just buy a 6D by late summer, and keep my 50D (its noise isn't that much worse than the 7D, and the AF is way more usable than all the unfairly negative criticism would appear).  But I want the 6D/24-105 combo for the "nice price", which hasn't quite happened yet.  It's been close once, supposedly.  However, if I start seeing used 6D's going for $1150 and below, then I think I'll just spend more and get a new 5D3/24-105 instead.  The only used 6D's on amazon so far, are listed the same as the new price...or else within $100 of the new price (~1700-$1850).  Of course it's only been out three months.  I am more price conscious than many on here, mostly because I don't make $10k a week from doing photography.

insanitybeard

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:58 AM »

That's all well and good, but just because the (e.g) 7D is old tech doesn't mean you can't still take great pictures with it. If the buying price was the same as when the product was new I would agree with you, but if the buying price of those bodies has dropped due to newer models being imminent, why pay full whack for the latest and greatest? There are some that need and are prepared to pay full price for the latest tech. Fair enough. But that isn't everybody.
7D / EF-S 10-22 / 17-40L / 70-200 f4L IS / EF-S 60 macro

GMCPhotographics

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • GMCPhotographics
« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2013, 07:56:04 AM »
I know i I wouldn't buy a 60D, T4i, or 7D today. They will all be replaced soon.

If I was in the market to buy a 7D, I'd buy one used but in great condition. Why take the depreciation hit when it's so close to being replaced. Second hand units in the Uk are trading around the £850 mark. New copies are around the £1050 mark. When the 7DII comes out, both will be worth the same due to depreciation so get the S/H copy because that's already depreciated a chunk.
I'd be interested in how good the rumoured 7DII's high iso performance is when compared to the current 5DIII. The old 7D is pretty bad over iso 400 in RAW and is it's greatest deficiency. The camera needs to vastly improve in this area to be competative. It also needs a better AA filter, I found the 7D's to be overy strong. Which is good for video, but yeilded softer still images when compared to other Canon DSLR's. Other than that, it's a great camera and it still has some very compelling features. Unfortunatly it's sensor is it's weakest point.

Chosenbydestiny

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »

That's all well and good, but just because the (e.g) 7D is old tech doesn't mean you can't still take great pictures with it. If the buying price was the same as when the product was new I would agree with you, but if the buying price of those bodies has dropped due to newer models being imminent, why pay full whack for the latest and greatest? There are some that need and are prepared to pay full price for the latest tech. Fair enough. But that isn't everybody.

+1 The 5D classic is even older but at the right price with extra money to burn I'd still buy it again today and leave it plugged in at the studio, even if it's old and used. Almost every camera has it's own distinct character in the images they take. The original 5D is legendary and I still prefer the look from it's images from lower ISOs, it also has better looking analog'esque grain than a lot of the new full frame bodies like the 5D mark III. It can't keep up for tech today, but I wouldn't consider it completely useless. I'd probably go as far as saying getting any camera is okay if you can still buy new batteries for it.
Nikon electric fan, gas stove, and slippers. Canon Elan 7, 1D Mark III, 5D mark III, and 2x6D. Canon 24mm Samyang/Rokinon, 85L, 135L, and many other lenses. 2x Canon 580ex II, third party speedlites, studio strobes

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:43 AM »

Key question - will the current crop of cameras work for you.  By this I mean will they have sufficient IQ, approriately weatherproof, highest enough light sensitivity, .. So you can get the picture you want.   After many people do great work with a phone camera.

Now if lust over the latest and greatest, perfectly okay to do so,the wait (and wait and wait) as something new is always rumored. ;D ;D

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2013, 03:05:52 AM »
WOW! ... 22 pages of posts for a camera whose specs are not even out ... is that indication of the popularity of 7D? ... there has not been this much speculation for the replacement of D7000 (i.e. D7100) coz according to Ken Rockwell "D7000 is the best APS-C DSLR ever" (I know the name Ken Rockwell invites lots of hate around here. Anyway, the number of posts here on 7D replacement, for me, is an indication of how popular it really is.
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2013, 03:05:52 AM »

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »
WOW! ... 22 pages of posts for a camera whose specs are not even out ... is that indication of the popularity of 7D? ... there has not been this much speculation for the replacement of D7000 (i.e. D7100) coz according to Ken Rockwell "D7000 is the best APS-C DSLR ever" (I know the name Ken Rockwell invites lots of hate around here. Anyway, the number of posts here on 7D replacement, for me, is an indication of how popular it really is.

Rockwell invites hate because he is a douche (you ever seen him in a video?), and because he calls just about every newest camera on the market the "Best whatever EVER!". I mean, how can you trust a guy who can't be truly objective, and just gravitates towards the newest thing and drools all over it whenever the newest thing hits the street?  :P (And that is nothing to say of the frequent rogue inaccuracies and blatant misrepresentations and incorrect statements he regularly makes, about ANY and ALL brands of camera.)

My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 5D III | Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: SBIG STT-8300M | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »
I don't think Rockwell gets so much hate as he does envy. Lots of folks here know more than he does, yet he's making a good living spouting off and pretending to be an "expert."

For me, I feel sorry for him. I can't imagine choosing such an undignified way to make a living (one level below "professional wrestling," I guess). And I won't get into pimping his family. Makes me shake my head and feel sad.

I also think he does a disservice to many people who don't know much about photography.

Rockwell invites hate because he is a douche (you ever seen him in a video?), and because he calls just about every newest camera on the market the "Best whatever EVER!". I mean, how can you trust a guy who can't be truly objective, and just gravitates towards the newest thing and drools all over it whenever the newest thing hits the street?  :P (And that is nothing to say of the frequent rogue inaccuracies and blatant misrepresentations and incorrect statements he regularly makes, about ANY and ALL brands of camera.)
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »