November 28, 2014, 04:57:17 PM

Author Topic: Need help to determine this deal !!  (Read 1725 times)

ksasat

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Need help to determine this deal !!
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:48 AM »
Hi Gentlemen,

I want to buy Canon 5D Mark III with lens kit EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM. I found it in RytherCamera (via Google Shopping) about $3700 with many accessories like tripod, memory, flash ... etc,

could someone advise me if it is a good deal or there is something suspicious about it?!!
the reseller got high rating in Google Shopping, but the 5D M3 with the same lens kit in amazon about same price without all these accessories, which confused me  :-\

could anyone give me a clue here,
I'm switching from video camcorder to DSLR

here is the link:
(http://www.rythercamera.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=44864)

appreciate your help

canon rumors FORUM

Need help to determine this deal !!
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:48 AM »

JPAZ

• Canon 7D MK II
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
    • View Profile
Re: Need help to determine this deal !!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 12:35:15 AM »
There are lots of very unpleasant and bad experiences posted on a variety of websites regarding this business. I have had no personal experience with them but let the buyer beware.
5d Mkiii; Eos-M; too many lenses; 430 EXii and a whole lot of stuff

Halfrack

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:07 AM »
$3600 from a number of known sellers.  So what in this specific kit will you really use, and compare that to the hassle that may be encountered.  To each their own, and if you want to walk in and do business, it would be much easier.  But to deal with them remotely may not be worth the possible issues.
"Me owning a lens shop is kind of like having an alcoholic bar tender." - Roger Cicala

cervantes

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Focrates
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 01:43:45 AM »
Hi,

when you get the same price from a respectable dealer i would strongly advise you to buy it there. Those accessories listed are crap and no way worth it taking any risk. In my opinion it's no use buying a Pro camera with a pro lens for >$3000 and then using worthless junk as tripot, flash, (slow/unreliable) memory card etc.

If you want a tripod - get a quality tripot, if you want flash - get a quality canon flash. It may seem expensive to invest another $1000 in accessories but in the end it will be WAY cheaper since you will not have to buy twice. And don't forget to think about the environment too!

brad-man

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:09:16 AM »
Are you OK with gray market? You may want to confirm USA warranty...

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 05:40:08 AM »
Hi,

when you get the same price from a respectable dealer i would strongly advise you to buy it there. Those accessories listed are crap and no way worth it taking any risk. In my opinion it's no use buying a Pro camera with a pro lens for >$3000 and then using worthless junk as tripot, flash, (slow/unreliable) memory card etc.

If you want a tripod - get a quality tripot, if you want flash - get a quality canon flash. It may seem expensive to invest another $1000 in accessories but in the end it will be WAY cheaper since you will not have to buy twice. And don't forget to think about the environment too!

+1

Well said. Pay a little extra and get your gear from a reputable dealer - better value for you buck in the long run and peace of mind too.

:)
1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

scuderiaf1

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:23 AM »
Hi,

Agreed. Well stated. 

+1

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:38:23 AM »

viggen61

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:18 AM »
At B&H, the 5DIII + 24-105 is $3,599 when you add it to your cart (it shows as $4,099 otherwise). That is just now, at 0900 EST.

The "kit" you get is likely to be a lot of crap you won't use, or want to use with a $3,500 camera. It is really not adding any value.

Buy from a reputable dealer. They won't try to scam you (some not-so-reputable dealers may try to sell you things that are included in the kit as "extras" like battery chargers, etc.), and you will be able to return it if there is a problem, or you just don't like it...
Canon 7D

ksasat

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
Thanks to all of you and specially cervantes,

I enjoyed reading all posts, and agreed most of it I won't be using it like tripod as I already have manfrotto with fluid head and the flash will set on the shelf.

@viggen61: thanks for the info, after reading your post I want to B&H and added it to the cart and yes the price dropped to $3,599  ;D. B&H has a great services I just got my Tascam DR-100MKII from them last week. I think I will stick with B&H.

@brad-man: this is why I post a question before buying.

thank you all,

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »