September 17, 2014, 03:37:16 PM

Author Topic: Tried Canon 200-400f/4L IS today & asked the price, told it didn't exist :-)  (Read 6544 times)

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
As a cps member at that show I was allowed to play with it to my hearts content. It's a thing of beauty but they wouldn't say a price

Having worked in several marketing departments, the price is the last thing decided.  Cost of Goods (production), expected demand, competition, currency exchange rates, ...  all go into the final decision

canon rumors FORUM

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Those photos do a great job of showing the lens' size.  It's bigger than I expected. 
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

charlesa

• Canon 70D
  • I shoot with my eye!
    • View Profile
    • 16 stops to Heaven
It is hand holdable easily it seems... although more interested in samples on how it would compare to a 400 mm f/2.8 prime... and the price I believe will surpass the price of the supertelephoto primes themselves.

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
It is hand holdable easily it seems... although more interested in samples on how it would compare to a 400 mm f/2.8 prime... and the price I believe will surpass the price of the supertelephoto primes themselves.

Sure hope that Canon keeps the price in check, especially since the Yen has weakened.  Above $12,000 hard to justify

DavidGMiles

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • NaturesLens
I held it - I wouldn't want to handhold it for more than a few minutes - especially not when coupled to a ! series body
Workshops & Tours for Wildlife & Nature Photography - NaturesLens - http://natureslens.co.uk - often to be found shooting with a 1DX mainly coupled to an EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x or an EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM

canon rumors FORUM