I have done a mini review of Dell U2713H vs NEC PA241W-BK on Dell.com. I'll just copy and paste it below. I don't find myself using the wide-gamut feature much because I mostly print photo books from adoramapix.com and they only accept sRGB color profile. I just bought the wide gamut version just incase I need it in the future.
Review from Dell.com:
I have used the NEC MultiSync PA241W-BK for a couple of years and now decided to upgrade to a slightly bigger monitor with Adobe RGB color gamut and LED backlighting. Here's what I found:
- Less aggressive AG coating. The NEC had very matte looking screen where images looked grainy and text weren't that sharp. Dell's semi-gloss AG is much smoother and images look great.
- LED backlighting. Gives slightly higher contrast and better image quality.
- Price. Cheaper than comparable sized NEC (PA271W-BK)
-Backlight bleeding. I have read that it happens on the U2713HM model and was hoping it would not be present in this model. However, the backlight bleeding is there and is quite noticeable throughout the screen, especially in the corners. The NEC handled this much better.
- USB 3.0 buggy. I'm using Windows 8 in a custom built PC, and connecting this monitor to the USB 3.0 port on my computer causes it to crash. I've once got it working after assigning windows default driver for my USB 3.0 port, but it would still cause my system to crash if I turn the monitor off while the computer is on. It works good when connected to USB 2.0 port, but you loose the speed.
- Touch adjustment button is often irresponsive. The main 'Menu' touch screen button often fails to bring up the menu. Most of the times it works in the first touch or two, but at times I have even had to press it up to 10 times to bring up the menu. Wish it had a more responsive, solid button.
- Dell Utility manager doesn't detect the monitor. Not sure why the latest Utility manager doesn't detect it. Maybe its because I'm using windows 8. I'm not sure. I will keep checking for an update to the software.
Overall, this monitor is average for the price. It has some issues that needs to be worked out. Just a quick note: I have Rev A01 of this model. Also, shop around! I've purchased this from a retailer for 25% less than the MSRP.