August 20, 2014, 04:43:35 PM

Author Topic: 35mm lenses and people photography  (Read 1622 times)

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
35mm lenses and people photography
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »
35mm focal length is a quintessential "people" lens...its use straddles a wide range of people-photography genres...from out-right portraits, to street- and event photography, to traditional reportage. I will post a few from a recent trip ...

This is a focal length that helps tell a story so I wasn't keen on pixel peeping...
These are 35L shots but any 35mm is a 35mm, no? :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:55:44 PM by Ray2021 »
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

canon rumors FORUM

35mm lenses and people photography
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: 35mm lenses and people shots
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
I don't know how to get the size right for CR...these are meant to be smaller 800 pixel pictures but CR has upsized them? can someone educate me how I can get it to be the original size here? Tnx.

AdamJ

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Would this not be better located in the 35mm L section of the lens gallery?

distant.star

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Tracy's Shooting Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »
Wow. Lot of years since I was on a commercial aircraft. Lots of memories -- mostly awful. Had to travel so much for "business" and hated it.

Should have told me you were coming to Philadelphia! The flower show is currently going on (all this week), and it's perhaps the best in the world. A little too pricey for me at $30. though.

I agree about the 35mm. Back in the early days of SLR, that was considered the "normal" lens. It's on all my rangefinders.
Walter: Were you listening to The Dude's story? Donny: I was bowling. Walter: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
Wow. Lot of years since I was on a commercial aircraft. Lots of memories -- mostly awful. Had to travel so much for "business" and hated it.

Should have told me you were coming to Philadelphia! The flower show is currently going on (all this week), and it's perhaps the best in the world. A little too pricey for me at $30. though.

I agree about the 35mm. Back in the early days of SLR, that was considered the "normal" lens. It's on all my rangefinders.

Yes, air travel has gotten to be more like bus travel nowadays. :)
And I didn't know you were in Philly...couldn't you guys elect a guy with a better name for Mayor?  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »