July 24, 2014, 09:40:09 PM

Author Topic: Phottix Strato Multi turn out not to work with Vivitar 285HV  (Read 530 times)

jonathan7007

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Phottix Strato Multi turn out not to work with Vivitar 285HV
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:04:04 AM »
Bummer. Bought a Strato Multi II to test expanding a set of Odin receivers intended for my Canon flashes into my existing batch of Vivitar 285HV units. I had hoped this lower-cost rcvr would fire the Vivitars for those interiors that needed "just one or two more flashes". I am posting to see if anyone here ever tried the Strato successfully with these Vivitar 285's. The Odin rcvr *will* fire the Vivitar. Vivitars offer no TTl feedback. There's just one metal connector in the shoe, and eyeballing that spacing it *does* line up with the Strato's center connector.

The Strato rcvr will not fire the Vivitars with the test button, or a pc cord run from the Vivitar into the 3.5mm receptor at the back of the unit.

This may mean I have to buy a few more Canon flashes. I like the lower cost of the Canon 550EX used, but I already had the Vivitars and hoped to use them mixed with my Canons for a little while.

I had also planned to have the Odin controller tell the Strato to fire a Norman studio pack. That pack needs a quick repair -- in a day or so -- before I can test it, but now I am not to so sure it will work.

canon rumors FORUM

Phottix Strato Multi turn out not to work with Vivitar 285HV
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:04:04 AM »