Gear Talk > Canon General

Canon Announces the Development of New High Sensitivity Sensor

<< < (2/14) > >>

nebugeater:
But it might work out for those video clips that are exactly one frame long too!

--- Quote from: Ricku on March 04, 2013, 07:37:39 AM ---Exclusively for video? Hooray!  ::)

--- End quote ---

AvTvM:

--- Quote from: Ricku on March 04, 2013, 07:37:39 AM ---Exclusively for video? Hooray!  ::)

--- End quote ---

+100 - Halleluja! Canon suck up to the videots!

However, I will take a "leading edge" FF sensor ... in a truly innovative ***STILLS ONLY*** mirrorless camera! :-)

CanNotYet:
So if I get this right, Canon is taking a full frame sensor, and ENLARGING the pixels on it 7.5 times, and then market it as the best ISO performer on the market? DUH!

So the pixel count will be 18MP / 7.5^2 = 0,3 MP on a FF?

Ehm, I might have completely misunderstood, but how is this technical progress?

Lee Jay:

--- Quote from: CanNotYet on March 04, 2013, 08:23:50 AM ---So if I get this right, Canon is taking a full frame sensor, and ENLARGING the pixels on it 7.5 times, and then market it as the best ISO performer on the market? DUH!

--- End quote ---

Large pixels generally have high read-noise which means they tend to have a tough time in such environments.  Read the text.  They claim to have developed technologies that counteract that affect (that read noise increases with pixel size).

Rat:

--- Quote from: CanNotYet on March 04, 2013, 08:23:50 AM ---So the pixel count will be 18MP / 7.5^2 = 0,3 MP on a FF?

--- End quote ---
No, the area is 7.5 times bigger, not 7.5^2. That's 18/7.5=2.4, which is slightly more than full hd. But it is a nicely spun pr message, I'll give you that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version