Gear Talk > Canon General

Canon Announces the Development of New High Sensitivity Sensor

<< < (13/14) > >>

Neo:
I need this sensor for nighttime animals research. When will be available camera with this chip in market? And how much will it cost approximately?

Mt Spokane Photography:

--- Quote from: Neo on June 09, 2013, 10:02:57 AM ---I need this sensor for nighttime animals research. When will be available camera with this chip in market? And how much will it cost approximately?

--- End quote ---

This was a Canon announcement of a sensor development.  Plan on waiting 3-5 years for production, and then be greatly surprised and happy if it appears in a year.

Canon keeps their internal schedules secret, and leaks just don't happen.

Neo:
TOKYO, Japan, September 12, 2013—Canon Inc. has successfully captured video footage of Yaeyama-hime fireflies flying in darkness, a feat made possible by the high-sensitivity 35 mm full-frame CMOS sensor developed by Canon for video capture that was announced in March 2013. Canon Experimental Low Light Sensor

Click:
Impressive performance. Thanks for posting Neo.

Mt Spokane Photography:

--- Quote from: Neo on June 09, 2013, 10:02:57 AM ---I need this sensor for nighttime animals research. When will be available camera with this chip in market? And how much will it cost approximately?

--- End quote ---

It is a video chip and will appear in a surveillance camera.  Its likely that law enforcement, military, and large research institutions who can swallow a $100K price tag will be the initial market.  But, maybe I'll be surprised and it will only cost a quarter of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version