July 31, 2014, 10:52:59 PM

Author Topic: Reikan Focal average values.  (Read 935 times)

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Reikan Focal average values.
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:11 AM »
Hi guys!

I remembered reading somewhere about the abillity in Focal to see what others numbers for sharpness, AF consistency etc are for a given lens. Anyone know where in the software to find this?

Reason I'm asking is I am on my third copy of the 24mm  f1.4 L II and it is horrible for AF consistency, and even worse in real life than in Focal, so I would love to see what other peoples numbers are.

Thanks!
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

Reikan Focal average values.
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:48:11 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Reikan Focal average values.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:26:09 AM »
You have to run one of the other tests.  There's an Aperture Sharpness test (runs through the aperture range of the lens and plots sharpness), an AF Consistency test (takes a bunch of shots and compares focus), and a Multi Point Focus test (tests each and every focus point separately, needs a different target also provided by Reikan).

Note that those tests are only available with the FoCal Pro version (the Standard/Plus versions don't have them).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:39:54 AM »
You have to run one of the other tests.  There's an Aperture Sharpness test (runs through the aperture range of the lens and plots sharpness), an AF Consistency test (takes a bunch of shots and compares focus), and a Multi Point Focus test (tests each and every focus point separately, needs a different target also provided by Reikan).

Note that those tests are only available with the FoCal Pro version (the Standard/Plus versions don't have them).

Thanks, but I have already run the test of AF consistency, what I wanted to do is to compare my results in Focal to other peoples results with the 24 in Focal. I thought be enabling the report thing in Focal people would automatically add to a database showing the results of a bunch of lenses for everyone to compare their copy to others?

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Viggo

• View Profile

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:06:29 AM »