Image & Video Galleries > Landscape

Post Your Comet Pictures

(1/15) > >>

East Wind Photography:
Comet 2011L4 has been putting on quite a show in the southern hemisphere and next week (3/10/2013) those of us in the northern hemisphere will get a chance.

Please post your comet pictures and let us know what equipment/settings you used.

niteclicks:
I sure hope to, I've spent the last week scouting for the best view. Just hope the weather holds.

East Wind Photography:
Yep it's iffy here as well but at least its possible.  The comet's brightness drops off pretty fast after the 10th so we really only have a few days next week to even have a decent chance at it.  The 12th looks like the BEST photo op due to the crescent moon that will be close to it.

--- Quote from: niteclicks on March 06, 2013, 03:42:10 PM ---I sure hope to, I've spent the last week scouting for the best view. Just hope the weather holds.

--- End quote ---

niteclicks:
and Uranus right below . I have a "new to me" 300 2.8l is coming Friday that with the 5DIII I'm thinking will give me the framing I want.

East Wind Photography:
Should be an excellent combo.  I will be using the same here and will have an optional 70-200 2.8L IS II just in case I need to go wider.  Not sure how dark the sky will be but I also have an equatorial tracking mount....However it has to be aligned manually and not sure I will have the time to fuss with that before it's set and gone.

I'm going to try over exposing and use the histogram.  Then pull it back down in Photoshop.  Should help reduce the noise at higher ISO's.  Lots of playing to do in a short period of time.

--- Quote from: niteclicks on March 06, 2013, 04:33:10 PM ---and Uranus right below . I have a "new to me" 300 2.8l is coming Friday that with the 5DIII I'm thinking will give me the framing I want.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version