September 02, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

Author Topic: Alternatives to 5D MK3 viewfinder adhesive mount?  (Read 5696 times)

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Alternatives to 5D MK3 viewfinder adhesive mount?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »

Great...I just bought the VF-3....it is in the mail, and they come out with a VF-4???

:(
[/quote]

Same here, but I'm happy with it none the less .
[/quote]

Mine just came in the box today. I've not opened it yet.

Is the Canon 5D3 a 3.2 viewer...that the new VF-4 would fit the 5D3 better?  In the videos I saw of the VF3..seemed it was a very tight fit but you could see the full viewfinder...?

Hmm...decisions, decisions. Also, guessing now...that this sale price (I got mine for $120) was due to this new version being released??  Is the VF4 available now? Price'?

I'll look too...but input appreciated.

C

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »

dirtcastle

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Eric Nord Flickr Page
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 04:43:21 PM »
Can you post some pics of your rig? Parts list? I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with!!

I finally got the last piece of the rig.

Here's a shot from the side.

BTW, this rig cost me $1,567. But the Zacuto EVF Pro was $950 of that. So this rig, without an EVF, would cost $617. That compares to the $1,149 RedRock "DSLR Field Cinema Standard Bundle v2"... pretty favorably.  8)

I can't say this is the best rig ever. I would prefer to have a better shoulder pad and EVF attachment. But with the money I saved, I can buy more essential gear.

dirtcastle

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Eric Nord Flickr Page
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »
Here's another view. The articulating arm of the EVF actually makes for a decent grip (and kickstand!). Too bad it won't work for handheld. I will need to find another solution for handheld: either super expensive Zacuto mount for my EVF -or- one of these bargain optical viewfinder options mentioned in previous posts.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »