August 01, 2014, 11:58:15 AM

Author Topic: Really...How "Bad" is the T3i For Video?  (Read 1649 times)

MichaelTheMaven

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Michael The Maven
Really...How "Bad" is the T3i For Video?
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:29 PM »
So as some of you know I do a lot of camera tests and photography training videos. One of my Models, Annie, which has made numerous appearances on this very forum, has a Canon T3i and has started making some of her own exercise training videos.

She came to me recently and asked what I thought about the quality of the video because it was shot on a lowly T3i and something interesting happens when I watch....I can't seem to notice anything super bad about the quality. In fact....I don't even notice anything bad! She keeps bringing these videos over and showing them to me asking me what I think and Im like....uh...

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the same thing?

Small | Large

PS- You are welcome. :)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:17:54 PM by MichaelTheMaven »

canon rumors FORUM

Really...How "Bad" is the T3i For Video?
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:29 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Really...How "Bad" is the T3i For Video?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
Sound is 50% of the video, and the live sound is pretty noisy, she needs a proper mic, or to overdub the sound.  She should also hire someone to run the camera.  Its just apparently mounted to a tripod and looks itUsing multiple cameras would be a help.
The T3i is fine, the weakest part is the sound and the look of the camera just sitting on a tripod.  I liked the music.

JLRoyal42

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
There's nothing wrong with a T3I if you know what your doing. Ive shot over 20+ high end video productions on a T3I w/ good settings.

Probably would suggest getting a small rodeo mic that just goes on top of the camera and would allow much better audio intake straight off the camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »