Gear Talk > Canon General

your scariest photography moment?

(1/15) > >>

wickidwombat:
I accidently formated the memory card on my 5Dmk2 mid wedding on the weekend,... after the ceremony  :o
luckily transcend recover x got all the files back but it was a pretty stressfull experience  :-[
must have had the menu item still on format and somehow managed to bump the menu button, then ok then the wheel 1 notch to the right then ok again!
lucky i realised before i shot any more frames on the card so i just swapped cards out immediately and stashed the card in my bag to see if i could recover later.

what silly thing have you done?

STEMI_RN:
I was a dummy who left his tripod bag in his car unlocked 2 days before a shooting trip to Hawaii.  Sure enough, it was gone the next morning.  Maybe not as bad, but for an amateur like me who can't just shell out another $500 for a setup it was a hard pill to swallow.

DCM1024:
The stylist who won the runway competition at a local hair show had hired me to photograph his 10 models. I mixed up my cards, reinserted card 1, formatted and shot over it. Lost photos of 8 of the 10 models. Gave him video of entire event and surviving photos, no charge. He has not hired me again, and I don't blame him one bit.

steven kessel:
Well, those moments are scary but here's what happened to me.  I was out hiking by myself on a remote trail in the wilderness of southern Arizona, close to the Mexican border, looking for birds to photograph.  I rounded a bend in the trail and saw seven men in front of me, one of whom was armed with a rifle, marching single file up a steep side trail, headed north.  Each of these men was carrying a gigantic backpack.  No, I didn't pause to take a photo of these folks ;D

DCM1024:

--- Quote from: steven kessel on March 10, 2013, 10:57:44 PM ---Well, those moments are scary but here's what happened to me.  I was out hiking by myself on a remote trail in the wilderness of southern Arizona, close to the Mexican border, looking for birds to photograph.  I rounded a bend in the trail and saw seven men in front of me, one of whom was armed with a rifle, marching single file up a steep side trail, headed north.  Each of these men was carrying a gigantic backpack.  No, I didn't pause to take a photo of these folks ;D

--- End quote ---

You win!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version