Gear Talk > Lenses

Is there anything I can improve on this gear list?

<< < (5/5)

Sella174:
I'd sell the 17-40mm (and the flashes) and put the money in the bank towards a future camera ... or nice road trip!

faccray:
...if the budget allows it I would go for a TS-E 24mm F3.5 L II..I find that I use it all the time on my 5DMK3 and 7D.

c.d.embrey:

--- Quote from: Synomis192 on March 16, 2013, 08:54:19 PM ---
... I mainly shoot at family parties and friendly gatherings. Occasionally I do some landscape photography and interior/exterior photography of buildings

--- End quote ---

Try shooting with the 50mm f/1.8 ONLY for awhile. Zoom with your feet. Photos of family and friends look better when shot at a shorter focal length ... 200mm is way too impersonal.

"Robert Capa once said, “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” Capa wasn’t advocating the use of longer lenses; he was telling us to physically get closer — to become more involved and intimate with our subjects. In fact, a wide-angle lens is often a better choice than a telephoto lens when you want to “zoom in” on your subject." http://rising.blackstar.com/if-your-pictures-arent-good-enough-youre-not-close-enough.html

Photography is all about taking meaningful pictures ... not about collecting gear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version