July 29, 2014, 03:10:27 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-b Images Leak & a New Kit Lens  (Read 21248 times)

CanNotYet

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-b Images Leak & a New Kit Lens
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »
Really, sometimes I think the only thing that'll satisfy the peanut gallery 'round here is if the camera gets delivered by an invisible flying pink unicorn pony -- and one that grants sexual favors, to boot....
Sorry, I have to...how would you know it is pink?

And, on that note, imagine a EOS-B in pink...katching!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
I'd laugh SO hard if it was an 18mpx sensor that kicked ass, because they updated it but not the pixel count

want to bet?  ;D

I will. I bet, I will laugh very hard, if Canon brings these 2 totally outclassed DSLRs to market and sales will be .. very .. disapppointing. Like the crappy EOS-M. Not good enough, Canpon. We do not buy!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!
 :D

TrumpetPower!

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
Really, sometimes I think the only thing that'll satisfy the peanut gallery 'round here is if the camera gets delivered by an invisible flying pink unicorn pony -- and one that grants sexual favors, to boot....
Sorry, I have to...how would you know it is pink?

Well, first, reason tells us that She is invisible. Because -- well, like, duh! Have you ever seen Her?

But it is faith that informs us that She is pink....

b&

Nick Gombinsky

• Rebel SL1
  • Workaholic and alcoholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »
I for one like the camera. I like all the mirrorless movement, but I just can't live without an optical viewfinder. But I love their size and weight. I'd prefer to have my 5D or 7D for work but also have a small DSLR for travel and walkaround that doesn't weigh too much.

I remember an interview long ago with a Canon exec, in which he was asked about mirrorless planning, and he said something like "its not a question of having a mirror or not, people want smaller cameras with DSLR IQ. We will meet that need". I like that approach, since the EOS-M sucks at both AF and viewfinder (having none).

That said, of course that its size imposes limitations. For example, I can't think of any lens other than the kit lens, that would fit the camera and be comfortable to hold, without being front heavy. If they release a couple more lenses that are lightweight but fast/nice IQ/better than kit lens, then it'll be something else...

As a sidenote, I looked closely at the lens mount on the picture... is it me or the mount (not the ring, but the locks inside of it) are plastic? They don't shine as much as in the other DSLRs. Of course it could be just a lighting thing, but the animated GIF got me wondering... maybe its just a camera meant for kit lenses?
Canon 7D + grip, Canon 7N + grip
Samyang 16mm f2, 24mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4 and 85mm f1.4, Pentax Takumar SMC M42 50mm f1.4 and 135mm f2.5
Blackmagic 4K and lots of goodies

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »
I'd laugh SO hard if it was an 18mpx sensor that kicked ass, because they updated it but not the pixel count
Likewise.... ISO has bumped up and it probably has on-sensor AF to help in live-view and movie modes.

again.. the old 650D sensor had this already.  ::)
so they better have improved that to be at least usefull, to make a difference.

One is ISO 100-25600 (EOS-B), the other is 100-12800, expandable to 25600. Of course it is a rumour and the EOS-B number could really be 1 of 3 things.... 100-12800 with 25600 expanded, 100-25600 with no expansion, or possibly 100-25600 with expansion beyond that. Since Canon tends to market with the unexpanded range, that would imply one of the two last choices, an improvement over the 650.

It is very possible that canon is switching over to a new manufacturing process for it's sensors and 18Mpixel just happens to be the small ones.... with the rumoured 24M for the 7D and possibly somewhere in the middle for the 70D.

Also has anyone else noticed this?
7D2
70D
700D, or T5i

Have the stars alligned and are we to blessed :)
The best camera is the one in your hands

simonxu11

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »
What's the point of this camera, just because they cannot release anything competitive in the mirrorless market, so they reduce the size and the weight of their dslr??
Maybe Canon has a point, they know their fanboz love whatever they come out as long as it can mount ef lens

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »
Maybe Canon has a point, they know their fanboz love whatever they come out as long as it can mount ef lens

Hey, thanks. I just knew there was a reason Canon sells more dSLRs than anyone else, and you've just explained it - they count on their fanboy user base (all 200-300 of them here on CR) to maintain their decisive lead in the market. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

dilbert

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2013, 01:01:23 AM »

Hey, thanks. I just knew there was a reason Canon sells more dSLRs than anyone else, and you've just explained it - they count on their fanboy user base (all 200-300 of them here on CR) to maintain their decisive lead in the market.

And of course if you're a Canon fanboy then it is inconceivable for you to not be posting on CR.

jrista

• POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »

And of course if you're a Canon fanboy then it is inconceivable for you to not be posting on CR.

Where else are people complaining about the letter "b" in the simple and benign name "EOS-b"? We only get that kind of crazy here on CR. :P
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: Canon 5D III/7D II | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

iP337

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
EOS-B stands for "Baka", which is Japanese for fool, as in April Fools... ;-P

just my two cents  :)

mrsfotografie

• 1D X
  • M.R.S. = my initials! www.mrsfotografie.nl
    • View Profile
    • MRS fotografie
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2013, 02:35:26 AM »

I wonder if in the naming scheme of small bodies (US vs Japan vs the rest of the world), there is still room for the aforementioned '100 D' monicker.
5D3, 5D2, NEX-6 | SY14mm f/2.8, Ʃ20mm f/1.8, 24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/2, Ʃ35mm f/1.4A, 50mm f/1.8 I, Ʃ50mm f/1.4 EX, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 1.4x II, 70-300L, 100-400L | E-mount: SY12mm f/2, Ʃ19mm & 30mm f/2.8 EX DN, 16-50 & 55-210 OSS | 2x FT-QL, AE-1P, FD(n) & FL primes

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2013, 02:37:50 AM »

I wonder if in the naming scheme of small bodies (US vs Japan vs the rest of the world), there is still room for the aforementioned '100 D' monicker.

EOS-Bukake?  :-\  :o
APS-H Fanboy

Hillsilly

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2013, 04:17:06 AM »
Canon used to have an FT-b.  No idea what the "b" stood for.  But it must have some significance if they are reusing it.  Maybe it's "b" for "baby"? 

Anyways, as someone who likes small cameras, I'll be curious to see it in the flesh.  But I'm a little surprised that they didn't go for a more modern / cutting edge design.
1000FN | 7E | 3000 | 3 | LS-100TS

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2013, 04:17:06 AM »

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
does anyone have an idea why Canon released such a camera? who is this small DSLR for?

tiny shiny overpriced toy...

I've had a go on the Fuji mirrorless and it confused the hell out of me. But the size was awesome.

Now if they made a competing camera with the same menus and buttons as the EOS............oh, look, Canon has.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

MarkII

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
Now if they made a competing camera with the same menus and buttons as the EOS............oh, look, Canon has.

I wish they would.  I opted for an Olympus OM-D instead of an EOS-M as a small walk-around camera. Despite the size, the sensor gives better IQ than Canon's 18MP offerings, plus you get usable AF, weather-sealing and a usable EVF. The downside is incompatibility with EOS lenses and a painful UI.

Canon ought to be able to beat the Olympus with an M-series camera. The Nikon 1 shows that on-sensor phase-detect AF can be lightening fast, beating pure contrast based schemes.

Instead of rehashing budget DSLRs, Canon I wish that Canon would just fix the M-Series by fixing the AF, releasing more native lenses, updating the sensor, and providing at least an option for an EVF.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »